Chapter 5

The group met up back at the Baudelaires' shack. 

"I just can't believe he fooled everyone again." They heard Violet say. 

"Not everyone," Duncan said as he opened the door to the shack, allowing him, Isadora and Y/N to come in.

"Don't worry Baudelaires. Don't feel disgraced. The Quagmire triplets are on the case." Isadora composed. 

"So is one Astor!" Y/N added with a soft smile. She felt outraged that no one would believe the Baudelaires. They had so much evidence to back up their claims, but they got beat by one sweet-talking non-gym teacher. 

The Baudelaires' faces lit up with thankful smiles. 

"You're kind and generous friends but we can't let you get involved," Violet said. 

"Violet's right. Olaf is too dangerous." Klaus added solemnly. 

"He's too dangerous for you to face alone," Duncan said. 

"We can run away, all of us." Isadora chimed in. 

Y/N nodded. 

"That won't work. We tried running away and ended up working in a lumber mill. Count Olaf found us there too. " Klaus said while gazing up at a picture hung up in the shack. 

Damn, these children had been through a lot, Y/N thought.

"That's a picture of our parents." Isadora said, in a disbelieving tone. 

"Our parents too," Violet replied

"So they did know each other," Klaus uttered. 

The shack door opened, to reveal a Carmelita Spats. 

"I'm here to deliver a special message to the Baudelaires."

"I'm sure that it's just a quick message so we can get on with our discussio-" Y/N started to speak before she was interrupted. 

"The sun is setting, hooray, hooray! Coach Ghengis sent me here to say the Baudelaire orphans must go to the field. And my name is Carmelita!" She sang, while tap dancing and moving her cheerleading pom pom's around. 

"That doesn't rhyme," Isadora said

"Only cake-sniffers care about poetic form!" Carmelita replied before huffing and storming off. 

Someone needs to humble that girl.

"Carmelita's right, it's almost sundown, we should get going," Violet spoke. 

"Okay, Duncan, Y/N and I will see you guys after," Isadora replied. 

They all exited the shack before going their separate ways. 

Y/N, however, turned back and wished Klaus good luck. 

Wait, was he blushing? No, couldn't be, it was a bit chilly outside. Yes, that was it. It was just the cold. 

"T-thank you, Y/N."

She smiled in response. 

They uttered their goodbye, and Y/N headed towards the library with Isadora and Duncan.