Chapter 7

Y/N woke up, her hand lifting to shield her eyes from the sun that was peering through her window. Ugh, what time was it? She looked over her left shoulder to see that it was 15 minutes before the assembly testing the Baudelaire siblings would start. 

Wait. 

It was 15 minutes before the assembly testing the Baudelaire siblings would start. 

Her eyes widened in realisation and she quickly jumped out of her bed and started getting ready for the school day. 

Oh, how could she sleep through her alarm? Again?

She hastily put on her uniform, brushed her teeth and hair. She stopped to take a quick look at herself in the mirror before running out of her dorm. 

                                                              ━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

She finally reached the auditorium and quickly scanned the room for her friends, only to see them in a conversation with a man who coughed too much. 

She walked up to them with a curious look. "Who was that?" she inquired. 

"Just a banker," Klaus answered. 

Y/N studied his face. He looked stressed. Anyone would be, in this situation. She admired how he never complained, but always sought to find a solution to his sibling's problems. She admired how strong he was. She acted on instinct and threw her arms around him. 

He stumbled, trying to comprehend what just happened.

Y/N tightened her arms around him and whispered a simple "Good luck!"

He smiled and hesitantly wrapped his arms around her. He was sure that he resembled a tomato right now, seeing the way Violet was looking at him, like she was about to burst out laughing. He shot her a glare and focused on Y/N. Her hair smelled nice. It smelled like fresh flowers. 

"T-thank you," Klaus replied. 

Y/N removed herself from the hug and wished Sunny and Violet good luck as well, before they were made to go up on stage, about to be tested in front of the whole school. 

She sat down on a nearby seat and looked around the auditorium for the Quagmire triplets. Where were they? They had been running around all night in place of the Baudelaires, so Y/N concluded that they were in their broom closet, taking some rest. 

The school started chanting their motto loudly. 

"REMEMBER YOU WILL DIE! REMEMBER YOU WILL DIE! REMEMBER YOU WILL DIE!"

Olaf then took to the stage. 

"Yes! Yes, let's hear it!"

The children clapped and cheered loudly once again. 

"I want your energy dumped on my head so it can run down my face like lotion." Olaf graphically described. 

Y/N cringed internally. 

The cheering resumed. 

"Whoo! I feel it, can you feel it, Caligula?" 

Y/N let out a snort. 

"It's Nero."

"This school has a special kind of spirit energy. A special kind of unity and joy which you usually cannot find unless you are at a birthday party or public hanging." Olaf said. 

"I think that the flunking of the Baudelaire children out of this school is bringing out the best in all of us. And so, without further ado-"

"A violin cadenza in the style of a Human League!" Nero interrupted.