07. Just Listen To Me

Start from the beginning

"What?" I heard my brother harshly ask someone, as his footsteps were loud and clear. Avery was thrown off of me, and I was then grabbed harshly by the wrist, and dragged outside. "What the fuck is your problem, huh?" he spat in my face, as he had stopped outside the front door, making sure his face was in mine. 

"You are such a slut for Angus, you know. It disgusts me how you throw yourself at him" he couldn't see past his own clouded eyes. Right as opened my mouth, he shook his head. Strike one, was what he was telling me.

"I can't believe what you have become, little sister. After everything that everyone does for you, you do that, right in front of my friends and my hockey team. You embarrassed me, Annalise. You never should have come here" of course he wouldn't listen to me. 

"Aiden, just listen to me" I practically begged, as he couldn't look anywhere near me. He had let go of my wrist in the midst of his shouting. "I don't lay my body across Angus' body. I don't even want to sit next to him. And you know what, when you aren't in the house with mom, you don't see anything that she does to me. Even if I told you, you wouldn't care, because you hate me" and with that, I stormed off, kicking a stone before I turned myself around, going back to Avery and Hayley. 

Surely one of their brothers would be nice enough to drive us home.  

---

Word had gotten around. I was slut, or that was how every girl was seen when they stood beside Angus, apparently. Almost every girl hated me at school now, as I had found that at as soon as I had stepped foot in the hallways of school. 

Everything had changed after our two week break for Thanksgiving. Not like anything had changed with my parents being away for the most part of the break, but when they were here, they made everything more miserable and draining. 

But everything had changed at school all because of the party I had been invited too by Angus Armani himself.  No girl would listen to me, the quiet, good girl that sat at the back of classes to be avoided by the rich, snobby girls. 

"Hey-" a familiar voice started, before I was pushed into a line of lockers. "You are such a slut. I can't believe you would fall knee deep for Angus. He doesn't want a little girl like you, so why don't you run along" oh how could I forget about the girl that was my brothers girlfriend. 

I forgot which one was his girlfriend these days. I could feel the bruises forming along my back, as she pushed her body on top of mine. "Remember, you stay in the shadows, while I am in the light. You will never be good enough for the light" she muttered into my ear, as I watched everyone pull their phones out to record. 

I just meekly nodded my head, not daring to say anything to her. She gave me a final shove in the waist, making sure my tailbone hit the lockers before sliding down to the ground. As soon as I stood up, she had bent down to whisper more words in my ear, but I didn't realize, which caused us to collide. She hit me, but she had to be the victim. 

Ashley was my brothers girlfriend, who was also a cheerleader. Unlike the rest of the boys that Ashley had dated, my brother was not the youngest child nor did he play football with our dad being the coach. No, my brother was the grandson of a designer and the captain of an ice hockey team, just like his older brother used to be, before his accident. 

"Oh my god, Ash, you alright?" of course Aiden had been rushed to the scene, not even sparing a glance at his little sister, who was sitting on the floor, cradling her head. He would never of looked at me, so I don't know why I thought he would look at me when he had the girl of his dreams, injured, in front of him. 

"Move it, slut" I watched as he turned his back on me, never once looking to know that he had called his sister a slut. "Move it whore" his best friend, Ethan Barlow, who was Avery's older brother, said the same words before he took note of who it was. 

"Annalise, I didn't mean it-" he tried to say, but I stood up, brushing myself down. "You would have never said those words if you had been the one too listen to me, on Saturday" he was the one that had said that I was a little girl that didn't want to play big girl games, as he had a girl on his lap. 

"Annalise, just listen to me" he murmured, but I had already walked away. All because of Aiden, my life had to fall at his knees, so he could get what he wanted every time. I shook my head, before moving towards my locker, as everyone moved out of my way. I didn't say a word to the two girls that were gossiping beside my lockers, like old times. 

I just wanted people to listen to me, was it that hard? 

---

thoughts? xx

thoughts? xx