Feelings

I quickly made my way to Barnaby's house, knocking on the door. The door quickly swung open, and the large blue dog stood there with a smile on his face.

"_________________, what brings you around here?" I looked up at him.

"I wanted to talk to you about... Home." Barnaby's face dropped. He stepped out of the way, letting me inside. 

I made my way to his couch, sitting down. He sat in a chair across from me.

"What would you like to know?" He leaned forward.

"Do you think Wally living in a home that's alive is... Unhealthy?" Barnaby nodded.

"Of course, it's downright creepy. However Wally and Home have been in the neighborhood since the beginning." I leaned back.

"Yeah, but I think Home is really taking a toll on Wally's mental health. Maybe we should try to get him out of there." Barnaby shook his head.

"We've tried. He protects Home with his life. Although..." I looked at him confused.

"Although what?" He sighed.

"Wally has really taken a liking to you, and I mean REALLY taking a liking to you. Maybe you could help him." I shrugged.

"But aren't you his best friend?" Barnaby laughed.

"Yes, but I'm not his romantic interest." I felt my face heat up.

Barnaby and I talked for a bit longer. Barnaby spoke up.

"You should head back home, looks like it's about to rain." He pointed to the window. I turned and noticed all the dark clouds covering the sky. 

I thanked him and quickly made my way back to Wally's. I walked through the door. As soon as I shut the door I heard a loud crack of lighting. It started down pouring outside. I looked outside nervous for Wally.

I hope he's dry wherever he is.

I sat on the couch and turned on the TV. 

About an hour past when I heard a knock at the door.

"________________? Can you please let me in?" I heard Wally's voice. I quickly got up and opened the door. There stood Wally soaking wet, hair down, holding his jacket over himself with one hand, and a bouquet of ___________ flowers in the other. He quickly made his way inside, hanging his jacket on the coatrack next to the door.

He turned to me.

"Thank you. These are for you." He held them out, a soft smile on his face. I took them from his hands, smelling them.

"These are beautiful, and my favorite color! Thank you Wally!" I leaned over and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before turning and heading to the kitchen.

"You have vases, right?" I asked, beginning to look through the cabinets. He didn't answer, so I turned to look at him. He was still standing in front of the door, his hand rested on his cheek where I kissed him. He had a big smile on his face, and his whole face was bright orange. 

I smiled.

He's so cute.

I finally found a vase and put my flowers in it. 

I turned back to Wally, who finally snapped out of his little trance.

"Let me go get changed." He made his way into the bedroom.

He came out a few moments later in his pajamas. 

"That's a good idea." I smiled, making my way into the bedroom to change.

I came out in my pajamas, Wally was sitting on the couch.

"Do you wanna watch TV with me?" I nodded.

He went to grab the blanket as I got comfortable on the couch. He came back and draped the blanket over us. I leaned onto his shoulder, cuddling up with him.

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close. 

"You don't seem to get as embarrassed anymore." I nudged him a bit. He blushed.

"Hah...Hah... Hah... Oh, I'm still very much embarrassed. I just enjoy being close to you." I felt my face heat up. I snuggled into his arm.

"You're very sweet." He smiled, pulling me closer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We watched some colorful shows for a few hours. I looked up and noticed  he was falling asleep. I gave him a gentle nudge and he turned to me.

"Hm?" His eyes were drowsy. 

"Come-on, let's get you to bed." He nodded, getting up and wrapping the blanket around himself.

I walked him to his bed where he practically collapsed. In his tired state he held his arms out, presumably for a hug.

I leaned down and hugged him, and he quickly pulled me down with him. 

Wrapping me in his arms, he fell asleep almost immediately.

I guess I'm sleeping here.

I got comfortable and snuggled into bed, his arms still wrapped around me.

"Goodnight, Wally." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to shuffling. I turned and saw Wally  tossing about. He was mumbling to himself.

"No... Please, don't trap me in here... It won't happen again..." I looked at him with concern.

I quickly shook him awake. He jolted awake. Looking down at me, his face turned bright orange.

"____________________? What are you doing in bed with me?" He began fidgeting. 

"You pulled me in here with you last night." His face turned a deeper shade of orange.

"Oh, I apologize. I didn't mean to make you.." I cut him off.

"I don't mind, Wally. It's been nice." He smiled, pulling me into a hug.

"I really appreciate you. You've made my world more colorful since you've showed up." I snuggled into his chest.

"You've really helped me adjust to this new world. Even though it's only been a few days, I feel like I belong here." He smiled, pulling me in for a tighter hug.

We both slowly drifted back off to sleep.

I really, really love it here.