Chapter 16

Hi Ya'll!

I know I didn't post last Tuesday, and I'm sorry about that. The funny thing is that I had the chapter fully written and I just kept delaying editing it.

So long story short, the chapter is unedited and pretty short... buuuut this is the first chapter where @JuanitaNightshade's character has a point of view, which is very exiting!

Also this book has over 50 pages on Word! Which is also exiting!

Anyway, everyone have a great rest of your week!

Peace out from Percyjacksonobsesed with one S!

Selena's P.O.V

When we arrived at camp my brain was overloaded with information. I always knew the Greek gods were real (I'm a Hunter of Artemis after all) but I never imagined that it would be this close to the actual myths. Also I was just informed that I had to go to court, because my Dad wanted shared custody of me. Which was crazy. When my parents got divorced, my mom won full custody of me. When I told her about the Hunt she hesitantly agreed to let me join, on one condition, that I would stay with her at least once a week. At first Artemis didn't seem to keen on that, but Thalia helped me convince her, but then, with my dad fighting for me, I had no idea what was going to happen.

In summary, I was exhausted.

"Thalia?" I asked, snapping out of my train of thought. "Yes Selena?" "I'm going to go to our cabin and take a nap. I'm exhausted." "Okay" She responded. "I'll join you in about an hour. I have some things to talk to Chiron about." She seemed kind of nervous when she said the last bit, but I was too tired to think much of it.

By the time I had made it to the Artemis cabin it was already 8:30pm. I kept getting lost, and the campers were no help. Especially the counselors; they seemed to have something against hunters. Someone finally told me where it was when I threatened to kill them. No biggie.

Anyway, when I it made to the cabin, I crashed hard. I wasn't usually the kind of person to go to bed so early, but today, I was exhausted.

%$#@@### time skip, sponsored by Monster donuts. #$@#$%$##

$##%#$% "Are you a monster? Do you like donuts? If you do, you have come to the right place. We serve many delicious foods, including, Donuts, Coffee, and Demigods! Yum! Come to Monster Donuts today, for the best monster experience!" %$##@%$#&

I was startled awake as I heard soft footsteps outside the door. I slowly stood up, glancing around the cabin, making sure Thalia hadn't awoken. To my surprise Thalia wasn't even in the cabin. I pushed that thought aside, knowing I had bigger problems to deal with right now.

It was probably just some campers sneaking out for fun, but I felt something in the pit of my stomach telling me something else was going on. I quietly opened the door of the cabin, and examined my surroundings to try to see who was out this late at night. I spotted a shadow moving in the distance. Scratch that, two shadows. I sighed in relief. It was probably just some campers making out, but something inside of me told me to keep going, so I silently tip toed behind a tree closer to the two figures. As I got closer, the details of their figures became more defined. It was a male and a female. The male was about 6"2, and the female was about 5"9. They were talking in hushed tones and they seemed to be looking through several duffle bags; Although I couldn't be sure. I stepped around from the back of the tree to try to get a better view, when I stepped on a fallen branch. I winced as the twig made a soft snapping sound. I twirled back behind the tree and held my breath in anticipation. "Did you hear that?" the female said. "Ya." The male said. His voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't quite place it. "It's probably just a squirrel." the Female said. "Maybe." He said, not sounding convinced. "We should probably leave camp borders before we continue our plan. "Agreed." She said.

I followed them through camp, as they stealthily avoided the cleaning Harpy's. I slowly made my way from tree to tree, trying to get in front of them.

Finally, just as they were about to cross the border, I had enough room to jump in front of them, so that's what I did. "Who are you, and what are you doing?!" I interrogated, as I jumped out from behind a tree. "Selena?!" He said, now that I could see him, I was shocked, it was Percy. "Percy? What are you doing?" He stared at me, right in the eyes. His eyes were dead and cold, but they were also swirling with so much emotion. "I'm going to save Annabeth and Estelle." He said. He was so certain in his answer, that I knew there was nothing I could say or do to stop him. "Fine, but who's this?" I asked, pointing at the girl beside him. "Wow. You're just going to blow over the whole 'leaving camp in the middle of the night to go save my wife and sister' thing?" "Yep." I said popping the P. "Okay then. This is Rachel." He said, still a little shocked about me not fighting him about leaving. Rachel stepped out of the shadow of a tree. I was shocked as I saw the familiar frizzy red hair of my Aunt Rachel. "Hey Selena." She said, nervously waiving at me with her head bowed down.