Chapter 5

Hi!

 I'm exited this book has hit almost 200 reads!

When I first started writing this book I thought it might hit 100 reads, but 200, that's crazy!

thanks for all the support!! 

hope you like the chapter from Percyjacksonobsesed with one S

Estelle P.O.V Continued from Chapter 3

I took another hard glance to make sure it was Annabeth. I hadn't seen her in so long, but she had the same calculating stormy grey eyes that always freaked me out a bit. It was like she was watching your every move to see if you were a threat. She also had the same golden blonde hair, which was usually pulled back in a ponytail, but today it was a disheveled, frizzy mess. She was sitting on the floor with her legs crossed, glaring at the door.

It was unnerving how it seemed like she was glaring right into my eyes. As if she knew someone was there and she was going to kill them when she got out.

Suddenly, she got up, sprinted towards the door, and rammed into it. It happened so fast that I barely hsf time to comprehend what was going on, it was a blur.

The door shattered as she stumbled out. She stared at me with pure rage, but it slowly morphed to confusion. "Estelle?" she asked, "What are you doing here?" I was just about to respond when Director Fury cleared his throat behind me, I jumped, I had forgotten he was here. I turned to look at him, his face was almost as shocked as mine. He quickly masked his shocked expression with his normal stone-cold glare.

"Mrs. Jackson started to he was quickly cut off by Annabeth interrupting. "I prefer Ms. Chase." "Fine, Ms. Chase" he said with emphasis on Chase. "It is impossible to break through that door. We have even had Thor throw his Hammer at it." "Well, that's your mistake isn't it" Annabeth said with sass "Thor is an overweight god who spends all his time farting and eating goats. I don't think he could smash that door even if he used all his strength"

I heard thunder rumbling in the distance, which was weird since there wasn't a cloud in the sky. What was even weirder is that Annabeth rolled her eyes, looked up at the sky and yelled "You wouldn't dare kill me, you lousy stuck-up idiot!!" thunder rumbled even more and then faded.

I looked back at Director Fury, and he looked just as confused as me. "How do you know Thor?" He finally asked coming out of a state of shock. "How do you know him?" she retorted. "He works for me" Fury stated proudly. Annabeth snorted "A god working for a mortal. Wow, that's not something you see everyday." What I found weird about that statement was how she said mortal like it was a whole different species.

There was a slight pause in the conversation, so I saw it as an opportunity to jump in, "What are you talking about? Gods? Mortals? this is nonsense!" Annabeth looked at me with pity, which just made me angrier. "I just want to go home!" I said. "Unfortunately, that's not going to happen" Fury said, "Not until you tell me about your brother" "Nope" Annabeth and I both said coolly "Not in a million years." "Okay" Director Fury said simply, while shrugging. At that moment ten armed guards came storming down the hallway. Annabeth glared at them and something about her changed. She became colder and more calculated. What scared me the most was her face. It was deadly calm. And then she attacked.

Percy P.O.V.

My breath hitched when I heard his voice. It was as if all the darkness in the world had latched onto one person. His deep voice was full of restrained hatred. Hate for me, hate for the world. Hate for everything. I knew that when he let it all out there would be nothing left to hate.

My whole body filled with fear. It felt as if everything had stopped. I could no longer hear the waves melodically crashing on the shore, or the faint sound of children laughing while they played in the ocean. All I heard was his voice, his terrible voice. I hadn't been down there since I was sixteen years old, but the low lull of his voice still made me weak at the knees. My whole body trembled with fear "What do you want?!" I asked trying to sound brave, but it probably came out as a terrified squeak. Tartarus laughed smugly. "It seems that after all these years, the almighty Percy Jackson is still afraid of me. I thought that maybe you would have finally grown a backbone, but I guess not" he said mockingly. "They just don't make heroes like they used to" He sighed with fake disappointment.

I clenched my fists. This guy was not going to make fun of me even if he was the primordial god of the deepest pit in the underworld. "What do you want?" I asked again, this time with steely determination. "I want a lot, but you can't get everything you want in life, so sometimes you have to take it." Again, I repeated "What do you want Tartarus?" This time saying his name. As I said it, the temperature dropped even more in the cottage, making me shiver. "I want you, Perseus Jackson. I – want – you." Slowly his chair started turning to face me. The more it turned the more the temperature dropped in the cottage. Soon there were ice crystals forming on the wall. I could see the side of his face now. Then his right leg, then his right arm. He was almost turned fully when I was jolted awake.

Paul was standing over top of me. I knew something was immediately wrong. His face was full of worry and there were tears in his eyes. "It's Sally."