Chapter 7

Ekim: W-what exactly?
Kanat: About what you did to Selin. Why did you do it for me?
Ekim started rubbing her fingers under Kanat's waiting gaze.
Kanat: Yes, Ekim?
Ekim: How did you know that?
Kanat: Selin told me. Don't get angry immediately, I knew without her telling me anyway.
Ekim looked at him questioningly.
Kanat: Don't you think I noticed your gazes at her? Or her fear once she saw you? By the way, there are other things I'm noticing, but it's not important now.
Ekim: Like what?
Kanat: Tell me now, why did you do that!?
Ekim stayed silent for a moment, then started speaking.

Ekim: I just felt that you're innocent, and I didn't want your life and career to end just for a lie.
Kanat: How did you know that she is lying? And how did you reach her?
Ekim: I saw her looking at the camera and wanted to tell you, but you didn't want to hear anything.
Kanat: I asked how did you reach her, Ekim!
Ekim: Hah! Yeah, I was going with Leyla to meet her friends and saw her by chance there and...
Kanat: Leyla?
Ekim's eyes widened, and she cursed herself.
Ekim: Silly!!!!
Kanat: What?
Ekim: Nothing, Leyla is my friend. She has the same name as Ayla's mother. Coincidence!
Ekim said with a silly smile.
Kanat: Yeah, coincidence, of course. Continue, Ekim!

Ekim: Huh, I saw her by chance, then entered the toilet. When I heard her speaking about it, I started recording and told her to make the video, and you know what happened after that.
Ekim took a deep breath and started checking Kanat's reactions, but she couldn't determine whether he believed her or not.
Kanat: Why didn't you tell me then?
Ekim: I... I don't know, but I didn't do that to have value for you. I did it out of humanity, that's all.
Kanat nodded, then suddenly got up and went next to her. He leaned towards her, which made Ekim lean back on the chair and swallow nervously.
Ekim: What's wrong, Mr. Kanat?
Kanat: I'm thinking of how to thank you.
Ekim: There's no need. I...
Ekim fell silent, and her eyes widened when he kissed her cheek. She couldn't move or push him away. Her cheeks reddened, and her breathing became disturbed.

After a moment, Kanat moved away and smiled at Ekim's condition.
Ekim: What was that for?
Kanat: Gratitude! It's the second time you've saved me.
Ekim: Couldn't... couldn't this be in a verbal way?
Kanat: Hmm, I don't know. Maybe I saw it as an opportunity.
Ekim looked at him shocked and confused. Their staring at each other was interrupted by the alarm on Ekim's phone. She extended her hand to look at it while Kanat kept looking at her. She looked at him again.
Ekim: You have a meeting now. There's a new businessman coming, and he must be here.
Kanat: Great, I'll go now!
Kanat said, and he was still standing near her. He looked at Ekim's lips, then saw her swallowing, which made him smile and move away.

Kanat: You can leave now if you want. I'll end this meeting and go home, so don't be late for your mother and Ayla.
Ekim nodded.
Ekim: Thank you.
Kanat left, and Ekim took a deep breath like she was drowning. She gathered her things and left the company without passing by Kanat. She went home and changed her clothes. She sat on the bed, remembering the kiss and touching her cheek while smiling. Her smile suddenly disappeared, and she talked to herself.
Ekim: Silly Ekim! Are you losing your mind for a kiss while you have a kid with him?
Ekim turned to Ayla, who woke up and started crying. Ekim carried her and went out to feed her. Night had fallen, and Ekim was sitting with Leyla and Ayla on her lap. Aziz was in his room, and Alanur was in the kitchen. Ekim told Leyla all that had happened.

Leyla: Ekim, he's literally playing with you! Why are you acting like a high school teenager?
Ekim: I don't know, Leyla!!! It was like it was the first time he touched me. It was such a strange feeling that I didn't even feel that night. Okay, I remember it; it wasn't bad, but there was no feeling like today.
Leyla: Feeling? Are you falling in love with him, Ekim?
Ekim: Leyla, don't talk nonsense. It's impossible!
Leyla: You're the one who mentioned feelings, not me!
Ekim got confused, but she heard Alanur's voice behind her.
Alanur: Be careful not to repeat this night again, Ekim! Because I can't take care of any more children!!
Ekim: MOM!!!!! Were you listening to us??
Alanur hit Ekim on the head, which made Ekim groan.