“Wha!” She turned to Tanjiro with a shocked expression. “Did you see that Tanjiro?! He robbed me! He just swiped it from my hands, what an asshole!”

“Y/N… you really should start to pay more attention to your surroundings-” He smiled awkwardly at her.

“I only managed to use it once, this world is so unfair-!” She sobbed, it didn't look like she heard what Tanjiro just said.

'Look at her, lost in her own world again.' He smiled at her, looking love-struck.

“Ugh. I hate them so much.” One of the people bound to the wood columns commented to another.

“Right? She's just saying a bunch of stupid things, but he's acting like she's the cutest person in the world, they really should get a room or something-”

“I really hate happy couples.” Another one sighed.

“Huh? They are a couple? I thought Y/N and Obanai were a couple?” One of the people bound to the ceiling said.

“Wait, they aren't?! But he just defended her for those guys-”

“But she and Tanjiro look waaay closer! I can tell!” A girl said. “He treats her really nicely! If Iguro likes her, then he has to step up his game already!”

“Maybe he would be nicer to us if he got a girlfriend…”

“But Tanjiro is such a nice person, I would feel bad if he were to lose the girl he likes-”

They are treating your love life like it's a telenovela-

'Huh? What was it, Ether?'

… Forget it. Just concentrate on training.

In the fourth day of training, Tanjiro was able to strike more accurately than ever before, he could dodge Iguro's attacks and launch his own too.

When an attack struck and cut the hem of Iguro's haori, he said Tanjiro's training was over.

“MY TURN!” Y/N excitedly ran up to him, which was weird for Obanai, who was used to having to drag her back to training over and over again.

And in five minutes of training, she cut his haori too. “Yay! I did it! No need to congratulate me, I know how amazing I am-” she started to walk off to grab her stuff, only to be interrupted.

“Wait a second.”

She froze. “What is it?”

“You could have done this from the start?”

“... Maybe.”

“THEN WHAT WERE THE FOUR DAYS YOU SPENT FUCKING AROUND HERE FOR?!”

Y/N smiled excitedly, answering with no hesitation : “To spend time with you, of course!”

And Obanai, who was about to reach for his weapon, froze. “What?”

“Who would want to spend time with him by choice? AUGH-” A swordsman blankly commented, being elbowed in the stomach by another one.

Y/N kept talking : “You're a meanie, but I know that you're a nice person!…. I think… occasionally… Well, maybe deep down your heart… REALLY deep down-”

“Are you trying to give me a compliment or not?!” He aggressively pulled her cheeks.

“I'M SORRY-”

Obanai stopped, looking at her blankly for a few seconds before letting out a sigh. “Your next training is with Sanemi, right? Rengoku will be there too, but you still have to be careful.”