Old married couple

After finally managing to pry Zenitsu off me, he turns to Tanjirou

After finally managing to pry Zenitsu off me, he turns to Tanjirou. "Why'd you get in my way? This has nothing to do with you!"

In response, Tanjirou looks at him with his famous disgusted look, I let out a snort, which didn't help Zenitsu calm down.

"What's with that look on your face? Stop it! Why are you staring at me like I'm some inhuman creature or something?!"

He accusingly points a finger at Tanjirou, “Hey, take responsibility for it! Since it's your fault that I didn't get married!”

I didn't know that it was possible, but Tanjirou looked at him with an even more disgusted look in response.

"Jeez, say something! I'm gonna die soon in my next job! I'm extremely weak okay?! So you have to protect me until I get married! Unless Angel-chan decides to marry me~"

"I'm Kamado Tanjirou, also, her name is Y/N, so stop calling her angel-"

"I'm Agatsuma Zenitsu! Please save me Y/N-chan!" He screams, crawling to me and clutching to my clothes.

"How many times I have to tell you that she can't understand you!"

Tanjirou says, pulling Y/N into a protective hug, normally, he wouldn't hug a girl he barely knows like this. However, he just feels bad, he said he would protect her about ten minutes ago, and she already has been harassed by a strange person! The clueless look she has on her face just makes it worse for him, she doesn't even know she's been harassed!

Of course, she does know that, she just didn't really care since Zenitsu is pretty much harmless.

After Zenitsu finally calmed down, the three of us were walking on the road with Tanjirou in the middle, it was quiet until Zenitsu suddenly speaks up : "What do you mean she can't understand me?"

"Oh, I think she is foreign, she doesn't seem to know how to say anything besides mochi."

"Eh? Why only mochi?"

"Who knows." He shrugs.

"Now that I have calmed down, I'm getting hungry…"

"Don't you have any food on you?"

"...No."

Tanjirou takes out an onigiri from his haori and offers it to him. "Here, take it."

"Ah, thank you." Zenitsu takes a small bite of the onigiri, before looking at us with a small frown. "You guys aren't eating?"

"No, that's all I had."

"Mochi."

"Here, take it." Zenitsu says, ripping the onigiri in three pieces.

Tanjirou tries to give me the third piece, but I just push his hand back to him, shaking my head.

He can clearly smell that the girl is hungry, god knows how long she has been sitting alone in that forest back there, he can't let her starve herself!

"You have to eat it!"

Y/N in the other side, thinks he should eat it, since he's the one who will have to fight a demon later on.

"No! You eat it!"

They start bickering with each other, both too stubborn to give up in what they think, the language barrier also not being of help.

"Geez, why are you guys acting like an old married couple all of a sudden?! How long do you even know each other anyway?"

"Hmm….for about thirty minutes?" Tanjirou says in response.

"Thirty minutes?!"

"I found her in a forest, she looked lost, so i brought her with me, I intended to leave her in a village on the way to the mission, but honestly, she trusted me so easily that I feel a bit apprehensive leaving her alone now-"

"WHY ARE YOU SO LUCKY?"

"Huh?"

"I ALSO WANT A CUTE FOREIGN GIRL TO CLING ON ME! THAT'S NOT FAIR!"

"Don't say that! It must be scary being all alone in a country where you can't even understand the language!"

What's with the sympathetic looks they are giving me all of a sudden? What are they even talking about?

"Why would someone come to a country where you can't speak the language anyway?"

"I don't know, but she smelled really scared, so it probably wasn't by choice."

"Smelled?"

Oh!" Tanjirou suddenly speaks up, like he remembered something. "I get what you mean when you say you're scared of demons, but you shouldn't cause trouble for your sparrow."

"Eh? What do you mean? How do you know that the sparrow is distressed?"

"Well, he says that “you're always whining about not wanting to go to work, that you're always hitting on girls, and that you snore so loudly, he's had it!” That's what he told me." Tanjirou says, pointing to the sparrow who was resting on top of my head.

"He did? You can understand what he's saying?"

Tanjirou nods.

"You're lying, right?! You're just trying to trick me!"

"Start running! Start running!" Tanjiro's crow starts screaming from above us

"The crow is talking!" Zenitsu screams.

"Over there, come on Y/N!" Tanjirou says, taking my hand and running into a direction where I believe where the mission is.

"DON'T LEAVE ME BEHIND!" Zenitsu screams, running to catch up to us.