Idiot.

“Ah-choo!” In the next day, Y/N got a high fever

“Your temperature isn't going down…” Shinobu commented with a frown, putting a wet cloth on top of her forehead before sitting down on a chair beside Y/N's bed.

“I'm… Sorry-”

“It's to be expected, after you went out in the rain like this.” She nonchalantly commented while flipping through the pages of the book she was reading.

Y/N was too tired to be surprised, so instead, she weakly said with a small smile : “Haha- so you knew that I sneaked out-”

“Of course I knew, who do you take me for? Yuki and Kota's poor attempt to distract me was pretty cute, though.” Shinobu responded, slight giggling while her eyes were still glued to the book in her hands.

Y/N stared blankly at the ceiling, asking after some seconds of comfortable silence : “Aren't you going to ask what I went out for?”

“… I would be lying if I said that I'm not curious.” She delicately closed the book and settled it down on her lap. “But, I'm aware that there are many things in our head right now. I don't know what you went out for, but I'm sure you wouldn't do it without a reason. And also, I know that if I try to keep you from leaving, you will just do it secretly, so it's better for my heart if I know when you're going out instead.”

Just like everyone else, Shinobu had a pretty high impression of Y/N.

The funny part, is that this didn't make her happy at all. When someone is nice to her, she feels like she shouldn't get used to it. Since eventually, they will get tired of her too.

“You're reckless, but a good person nonetheless.” Shinobu completed, gently caressing Y/N's flushed cheek before going back to read. “Just don't go out in the rain next time, okay? And please don't open your wound again.”

“Okay! I love you, Shino!” It was the last thing Y/N said, before proceeding to doze off.

“Not in the way that I wanted you to….” Shinobu gloomily commented to herself, silently flipping the page of the book on her lap.

.

.

.

It hurts.

What hurts? You not being able to save them? Or you being unable to erase it?

Even if you could erase it, would you do it? You are already so far in the story, what would be the point of losing all of your progress for the sake of saving some children who weren't even characters in the anime?

Wow… you're such a bad person, Y/N.

I'm burning. It burns. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It burns. I'm so sorry.