The Fight [4]

The time was around five, the sky was still bright as ever. After hours of explaining Tartaglia has left Aether alone.

Strangely Paimon isn't here with him, leaving him some space for himself. [Name] was still sleeping as their brother took a seat on the bed. He brushes his finger against your face slowly, admiring the pretty skin.

"I am sorry." the man mumbled with guilt in his heart as he planted a peck on the lip. He quickly backed down, keeping his cool. "Did you really kill Signora?" He asked in a low voice, hoping for a reply.

"Yes." Suddenly the door was opened as someone answered the question, Aether jumped in surprise but calmed down as his gaze went to the dendro archon. "Why are you here?" He asked, confused about why would an archon still be here after the slaughter.

"I am supposed to be in Sumeru... But I am here because of you." Aether tilted his head in confusion. "I have been keeping my eyes on you ever since you came to this world but couldn't take any action." Nahida stood straight, with deep respect in her heart for the traveler.

"But we should leave, we might accidentally wake up [Name]." She turned around and left the room. Aether with some hesitation followed behind.

"What do you mean?" Aether finally asked as they both stood in the dark hallway, in the same position where Lumine was begging.

"I sought you out because I need an answer to a question of mine," Nahida replied, looking up at the Aether with a determined expression. "Why? Aren't you the god of wisdom? You should know everything!" He tried to reason with her but failed.

"Please listen to me, I am still not enough to be the goddess of Sumeru. I have thousands of questions that need answering and one of them, I believe you could answer." She replied, Aether sighed and nodded. "Ask."

She closed her eyes for a second, "The fatui, do you believe that they can be trusted?" Aether chuckled a cruel laugh, it was an obvious answer. "Obviously no. Everyone knows that!"

"But then why..? Traveler, I think you need to listen to my entire story first..."

"Apprehend the grand sage and his underlings," Ezra spoke to the man who stood behind her, he nodded dutifully and left to do his task.

Ezra entered the academia, it was beautiful from the inside. She ignored the curious students who were banging their heads on the books.

She took the elevator and went to the top floor. "I have been waiting for yo-" Grand Sages' confidence break as his gaze went to the mysterious figure. "It is a pleasure to meet someone as wise as you, sir." She spoke, slowly taking steps towards him.

"Who are you?" The man asked, the guards beside him already had their guards up. "I am Dottores' superior, the very first harbinger." She replied, feeling quite proud of herself for showing off.

"...? Why would the very first harbinger break into academia?" The sage scoffs, "........" She didn't reply, turning her gaze to the room, "Such an extraordinary interior design.. I wonder which room the Dendro archon is locked in.. Would that room be just like this?" She was mocking, causing Azar to widen his eyes in shock "Guards get her!"

They came running at her with their weapon, she didn't move an inch, just vibing with the soft melody that was playing in the background.

Suddenly the door broke down, with many fatui members with their weapons out. "Apprehend them quickly." She said harshly, not moving a single inch as the fighter took care of themselves.

Not long ago, Azar was apprehended, "So you were the real one.." He mumbled to himself with shock. She slowly took steps toward him and jammed a fucking kick to his face causing his teeth to break.

"Indeed, I am." Another kick to the stomach, caused the cruel man to cough blood.

After getting bored, she went into the room where the dendro archon resides. She gazed up at the dendro archon, admiring the beautiful and innocent aura surrounding the cage.

"You poor bird, you got your wings cut." She mumbled, gentleness filling her gaze. She awkwardly coughed as she closed her eyes, mumbling a few words as a dark aura surrounds her. The room starts creaking as she aimed for the cage, with a loud noise that could deafen anyone could be heard.

The goddess of Sumeru fell out of the cage, falling into the ultimate darkness but before getting rescued by Ezra. "Wakie wakie." She mumbled, nudging Nahida's head softly.

"It's time for some scho-" Suddenly a force landed on Ezra, Nahida has woken up, and she used her powers to get away from the harbinger.

Ezra pouted, "And that's how Sumeru people treat their Savior, I see, I see."