Closure

SEVEN YEARS LATER

"Baby hurry up, we're going to be late again" I said as I rushed out of the bedroom to put on my shoes.

"I'm sorry I just can't find my- never mind I found it" Sidney smiled as she walk past me to grab her purse. She took a few steps backwards until she was facing me and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

We walked out of the house and made our way to Martha's house. It was a 15-minute walk and since the temperature was rather sweet we decided it would be better than taking the car. Sidney placed her hand in mine and we walked in a comfortable silence until a familiar little person jumped into my arms, almost causing me to fall on the ground.

"What are you doing out there?" I chuckled wrapping my arms around my favourite small person.

"Mom said I could wait at the door" Mindy gave me her angelic smile.

"Well let's not tell her you broke that rule" I winked as I picked her up and made my way to the back of the house closely followed by my girlfriend.

"Aunt Y/n!" Chad yelled as he ran towards me holding out his arms. I carefully let go of his sister so I could properly hug him.

"I would wish you two a happy birthday but... I'm very disappointed that you keep growing up. Couldn't you stop or something?" I joked as I started tickling them.

"You're it!" Mindy said giving me a light tap before running away.

"Sweetie, I'm a responsible adult, I have to go and say I to everyone else..." I faked a sad smile to get her to come back near me then I gently tapped her shoulder. "And now you're it" I laughed running away quickly followed by Chad.

We ran all over the garden and eventually they teamed up against me which happened pretty much every time I played with them. I ended up letting them win, as always, because I could never let them loose and watch that sad expression grow on their sweet little faces.

"Martha your little monsters are trying to give me a heart attack, I'm way too old for those games" I chuckled as I hugged her.

"Come on, you're not even thirty yet, you still have a few years" she laughed playfully hitting my shoulder.

Some of the kids friends started arriving and we let them play in the garden until Mindy and Chad requested the cake. It was enormous, I'm pretty I've never seen such a huge cake in my life, it was covered in chocolate frosting and little chocolate chips. Martha placed seven candles on the cake and brought it to the table. We all started singing and waited for the twins to blow their candles.

"They grew up so fast... how can they be seven years old already?" I whispered leaning my head against Sidney's shoulder.

"Maybe one day we'll have our own kids to watch grow up too fast" she smiled before placing a soft kiss on my forehead causing me to blush.

The kids started to open their presents and when our turn came Sidney handed Chad his gift which was a football jacket, the one from his favourite team. When he put it on and put his hands in the pockets he noticed and envelope containing three tickets to next match. He started running around and jumping everywhere.

"And this one's for you sweetheart" I said as I handed Mindy her gift. We had a very special bound and she loved coming over at my house and asking plenty of questions about her uncle Randy. She unwrapped the paper and looked at the dark blue shirt. "It's from Woodsboro's old video club, it belonged to your uncle Randy. It might be a bit too big now but in a few years it'll fit perfectly" I explained. I watched as a genuine smile grew on her face and she wasted no time to put the shirt on. It was way too big but she looked so happy with it.

I carefully handed her the second part of her present. Mindy and I started watching Star Wars when she turned five, Chad didn't show any interest but Mindy... It's crazy how similar to Randy she actually is. I handed her the poster; the one Randy gave me after he passed because I knew he would want her to have it.

"Mommy can you put it right over my bed please" she said as she handed her the poster. Martha gave me a thankful smile before doing exactly what her daughter requested.

"Thank you aunt Y/n, you're the best" Mindy whispered as she pulled me into a hug.

We decided to go to the park so that the kids could play a little longer. When we arrived there, I took Sidney's hand and asked her if we could keep walking for a minute. I brought her to one of my favourite place, the park had this small little lake with a wooden bridge.

Once we were standing on the bridge I reached for something in my back pocket and luckily Sidney didn't notice it. She was staring at the water and looked completely amazed by the reflection of the sun on the green water. I got down on one knee, waiting for her to notice which she did.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" She whispered covering her mouth with her hands. I pulled out the ring and gently grabbed her hand.

"Sidney Prescott, will you marry me?" I asked looking directly into her eyes. A smile grew on her face as she knelt down next to me and grabbed something in her purse. She pulled out a little red box that seemed very familiar and opened it, revealing a ring.

"Y/n Riley, will you marry me?" she asked letting a single happy tear roll down her cheek.

"I asked first, Prescott" I joked.

"Of course, I'll marry you" she sighed before pulling me into a slow yet passionate kiss. We placed the rings on each other's finger and stood there, admiring the water, armed wrapped around each other for a few more minutes.

After all we've been through, all the pain, the deaths, the betrayals... I think we both deserve a happy ending, don't we?

THE END.

A/N - I'm happy yet a bit sad that this story's ending. I really enjoyed writing it and I want to thank everyone who read it and interacted by commenting or sending me dm. This is actually the first story I ever gave a proper closure to and that makes me kinda emotional.

I might write another story based on the scream movies but this time the love interest will be Kirby Reed (I haven't seen any female reader x Kirby stories so far). I don't really know when I'll start writing it tho cause I also want to focus on my other stories that I haven't been working on for a year... 

Again, thank you for reading that story, I hope you enjoyed it and that you're happy with how it's ending. Take care 💕