13. H I D E

"Living without you breathing without you
Nothing's going to be the same without you"
~

"Any ideas why Yeonjun left the table like that?" San asked Wooyoung as the two walked to class together.

"How should I know?" Wooyoung muttered.

"I know you guys aren't friends, but you do seem to know him well. I mean last time you knew exactly why he didn't want to do the presentation, so I was just wondering-"

"Then stop wondering San," Wooyoung interrupted as they halted in front of their class. "So, what if I knew him before? I'm not interested in what he does anymore, and I don't have time to think about him. When we became friends, I told you I wanted to forget my old school right? Well seeing and thinking about Yeonjun brings back the worst memories. So can we please not talk about it?"

"I understand," San said, trying to lighten the mood up with a smile.

They walked into the classroom and took their seats, waiting for the rest of the class and their teacher to enter the classroom. They took out what they needed for that class and then continued with their regular everyday conversation.

Wooyoung's eyes continued to dart between San and the door, but when Yeonjun entered through the door, his eyes scanned the boy. Beomgyu and Yeonjun entered together, with Beomgyu's arm over Yeonjun's shoulder. When they made eye contact, Wooyoung instantly knew that Yeonjun had been crying. What was he upset about?

"He was crying," he mumbled to himself, but San heard him and followed Wooyoung's gaze to see their friends taking their seats.

"I thought you said you didn't want to talk about him," San said, concerned with Wooyoung's contradicting behaviour. San didn't get a response. Wooyoung turned his attention to the notebook in front of him with a heavy sigh.

When the class was over, Wooyoung watched Beomgyu and Yeonjun leave the class. He quickly packed up his things and dashed after them. Wooyoung found them meeting up with Taehyun not too far away from their class. He hesitated in approaching when he saw them engaged with a conversation. What would he even say?

"Everything ok?" San said as he appeared beside him. "You left pretty quick."

"Y-yeah I was going to ask Beomgyu something, but I'll do it another time. They look busy," Wooyoung said hurriedly. "Anyways, I have to get home. I'll text you later."

Wooyoung quickly walked away, leaving San alone and confused. He made his way out of the school and turned a couple of streets to avoid other school kids. When he was in an emptier street, Wooyoung pulled out his phone and his finger hesitated over Yeonjun's contact. He swallowed his pride and finally clicked on their chat to send a message.

==========

Yeonjun

Are you free this evening?

seen

==========

-

Yeonjun sat with Beomgyu at the bus stop, playing with his phone. Usually, Yeonjun would take the long walk home, but Beomgyu insisted that he take the bus and that he would drop Yeonjun off home. They sat in a comfortable silence together until Yeonjun's phone rang with a new notification. When he opened it, he was very surprised.

"What? What is it?" Beomgyu asked, trying to peek at Yeonjun's phone.

"Nothing," Yeonjun mumbled, turning it off and pocketing his phone. Just then, his bus came, so he stood up. "You really don't have to come with me y'know. I can go home by myself. Besides if you come to my neighbourhood, it would take you ages to get home."