26

Chase's pov: 

Chase's pov: 

I tightened my hand on the steering wheel of the car as I gritted my teeth. 

I don't know where all of this sudden anger was coming from, or why my chest felt like if I took another breath in then I would explode. 

I pressed my foot against the accelerate. 

I had to get to Angel's house quickly.  There was so much about the whole situation that made no sense. 

The biggest one, what the hell was Angel even doing there in the first place? 

A small part of me wondered if it had been her who had ordered the attack or found someone to try and kill aria?

 But I guess seeing as she was the one to bring Aria back it would just make no sense. 

So what the hell was Angel even doing there? 

from what i'd heard from Athena was that the two had met in a shop and talked for about 5 minuets and then Angel had left. Even Athena had no idea how Angel got involved with this. 

It was just far too suspicious to ignore. 

I turned to a road on the left as the GPS directed and up into the driveway of a large house. I didn't even bother parking properly, i just stopped the car and turned the engine of. 

I clambered out of the car and towards her door. I looked at the house in front of me and raised my eyebrows. It was so incredibly normal that it seemed so off. I mean don't get me wrong, it was quite a large house, but normal in the sense that it seemed like something she would never pick. 

not that i knew her well or anything but this seemed to...well it looked basic. which Angel was definitely not.

I rang the doorbell and waited impatiently for her to answer. 

I waited 2 minuets and there was no answer. 

I gave a frustrated sigh and aggressively pressed the doorbell 2 more times

After another 2 minuets the door swung open and a rather annoyed looking Angel pulled the door open, matching my aggression. 

"Just who the hell-" She started 

I blinked at her, bloody hell.  

Her blonde hair in those perfect elegant curls, all down to her waist. She was wearing a baby blue satin dress that went up to her mid thigh. She had done her make-up and she was looking straight at me, with those brown eyes of hers, in sheer confusion. 

"What are you doing here?" She finally recovered 

"I needed to ask you a few things." I shrugged. 

She crossed her arms and looked at me with a sneer. "well I need to go. I've got a photoshoot in an hours time. So. Sorry. Next time." 

"Nope." I shook my head. 

I walked towards her and she walked backwards, immediately. I kept taking a step forwards until I was inside her house. 

She kept walking backwards until she realised what I was doing. It was too late though as I had affectively made my way inside. 

I closed the door behind me 

"You cannot just barge your way into my house!" She yelled incredulous at my behaviour. 

I ignored her questions and her furious gaze, I didn't want to stay here long as I could see her uncomfortable and it made me even more un wiling to be here. 

"Why were you with Aria that day?" I asked instead. Cutting straight to the point. 

She blinked, in surprise. "What?" 

"That day when you drove into the gates of the estate, why were you even with Aria?" I repeated. 

"I saved her life." Angel scoffed. "Instead of using that interrogative voice with me why don't you thank me on Leo's behalf or something." 

I gritted my teeth. 

"I didn't ask if you saved her life or not, or whether I wanted to thank you. I asked why you were even with her in the first place?" 

Angels whole posture changed as she looked at me in anger. 

"Look I just happened to be there. I can't do this anymore, I've got to leave for my photoshoot. So if you really wanna talk we can do it after that." 

I scoffed "You really are in no place to be making demands like that. Your quite literally walking a thin line right now, i'm not messing around Angel. After all the shit you pulled with Aria, I can hardly see why would have any thoughts of saving her." 

I balled my hand in my fist as i spoke, each word burning my mouth as I said them. She looked at me, her eyes widening. Those brown eyes, flickering with some sort of emotion that I was unable to decipher. 

"Then what did you think I was doing? I RISKED my OWN life." she yelled. 

"No one asked you to risk your life." I snapped. "So why did you do it?" 

Her 

"B-because-" She spluttered.

"Your an obnoxious bitch who couldn't care less about any other human being because nothing is more important to you than your appearance. Your nothing more than a narcissistic wench, yet somehow, just somehow, you ended up helping someone in your life and now suddenly you think that your this 'saint'. A bitch will always be a bitch." 

I glowered down at her, my fury shriveling immediately as I really looked at her and noticed her trembling with tears pooling out of her eyes. 

"I just wanted to apologise." She whispered. "I knew what I had done to her was wrong. I know I'm a bitch and nothing more but I just wanted to apologise to her." 

I stood there waves of emotion rolling inside of my stomach. I didn't mean to get that angry, i didn't mean for those words to slip out of my mouth. 

Angel looked up at me, swiping the tears out of her face, holding her broken heart behind her back as she spoke, trying her best to conceal her emotions. 

"I'm sorry. I went there to apologise to her. I'm sorry that I'm not good enough for you Mr. Hayes, that i'm nothing more than a bitch, But I truly did go there to apologise to her. That's all." She stated. 

Something in my heart started to panic. Like it was warning me that if I had let her go this time then it would be the last that i ever saw her. 

She grabbed her white purse from the floor, that she had dropped only just 10 minuets ago, before everything had turned to this, and took a deep breath in. 

She didn't even glance at me as she walked past me. 

And I just stood there. 

Unable to move, realising for the first time in my life that words had a greater impact on people than mundane things like bullets. 

And to be the one that fired them is the worse thing. 

Realising, that I had just taken my own guilt out on someone that was only trying to help and even possibly change themselves. 

Because once more in my life I had runaway from my feelings and pushed that responsibility onto someone else. 

Nothing more than a coward and a everything less a human being.