Oh No

It was early the next morning and Mirabel needed to get answers.

She figured she could ask Dolores stuff, then tell Maria. Then they could divide and conquer so to speak, just in case Dolores offered more than one lead.

"Dolores hey! You know out of all my older cousins you're like my favorite cousin so I feel like I can talk to you about anything, ergo you can talk to me about anything, like the problem with the magic last night that no one seemed to worry about, that maybe you heard about, that maybe I should know about."

"Camilo...stop pretending your Dolores so you can have seconds!"

Mirabel wanted to facepalm. She was usually so good at telling him apart too!

Dolores offered her soft reassurances but finally admitted that Luisa was worried. There! She had a lead.

She ran to sit by Luisa, smiling when she saw Tia Maria. Tia Maria gave her a questioning look and Mirabel gave her a thumbs up, before turning to Luisa.

"Luisa..."

"Family...we are all thankful for Antonio's wonderful new...gift..."

Mirabel was glad Tia Maria found it funny when Abuela nearly sat on Antonio's animals, so few things made her geniunely laugh anymore. But she had to focus on Luisa!

Then she got moved, next to Abuela and across from Tia Maria, who sent her a worried look. Mirabel just gave her a thumbs up again.

"I'll help Luisa!"

"Stop. First, an announcement. I've spoken to the Guzmans, about Mariano's proposal to Isabela. Dolores, do we have a date?"

Didn't need to be Dolores to hear the scoff Tia Maria made at the mention of Isabela's engagement to Mariano. Mirabel may have been young when arrangements were first made, but she always knew that Maria never thought well of the match. However she did seem to like Mariano so Mirabel didn't know why.

It didn't matter, she was focusing on Luisa.

"La Familia Madrigal..."

"La Familia Madrigal!"

"Lafamiliamadrigal...Luisa...wha?"

Mirabel ran to keep up with her sister, before almost running into Isabela, then Tia Maria.

"hey, what's wrong Mira?" Tia Maria asked.

"Nothing, I've got a lead...I just got to...hang on!" She pushed past Tia Maria. "Don't worry, I'll tell you everything later!" She yelled, seeing Tia Maria's worried expression.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maria was worried. Mirabel was the type to throw herself headfirst into anything so long as it benefited her family. She wasn't thinking things through.

She gathered up her skirts with the intent to follow her.

"I mean, five babies?" Camilo was teasing. "How would you even name them all?!"

Isabela and Dolores shared a look but Maria was to worried about Mirabel doing something reckless to really pay attention.

She did stop Isabela briefly. "I know you don't want this marriage. Just tell me and I will talk to your Abuela..."

The petals on the flower in Isabela's hair dropped even as she tried to smile. "I promise Tia..."

"Isabela, come on, we must get ready for the Guzmans!" Alma called.