Teasing

It's the day before his eighteenth birthday and Bruno's in his tower room.

Not his vision cave though, he's not doing any visions.

He just wanted privacy.

One of his rats, Manuel, his emotional support rat, was in front of him.

"Okay okay, how about this...Maria, you are a wild angel. You are made of fire and passion and I love you..." Bruno tried. "Eh? What do you think?"

"I think you need to stick with one metaphor..."

Bruno jumped about a mile.

"I'm not doing any..."

"Your trying to figure out a way to tell one of your best friends that you have a crush on her and have liked her since you were fifteen..."

"I don't think it's been that long..." Bruno thought back, but he wasn't sure when the feelings actually changed.

"It's been six months since you've finally admitted it, hermanito. Now I want you to admit it to her."

"I've been trying!" Bruno said. "And what about you? You have a crush on Agustin..."

"I do not!" Julieta's face colored, betraying her true feelings.

"Honestly, how is Pepa the only of us with a non messed up love life." Bruno said.

Julieta chuckled. "Because she had someone who loved her enough she could reject him six times because she thought he was too sunshiney for her, only to see him crying and turn off his emotions on a whim, back to faking being happy. Then she realized he wasn't always happy...that it was fair to him to give him a chance."

"Wait, that's how it happened?"

"Seven months ago, Pepa's love life would be even more messy than yours is." Julieta said, dodging the question.

"Maybe I could do it...at the party?"

"Are you going to chicken out if you do it at the party?"

Bruno paused, remembering all the times since he kissed her cheek, that he had gone up to her, feeling brave. Only for her to turn to him with her hair a mess, and eyes shining and he would blush, losing his words. He didn't think he actually talked to her more than an Hola since he had come to this realization...

His face must have given it away because Julieta groaned. "Ah Dios Mio...I want Maria as a sister in law."

Bruno blushed at the implications. "We don't even know if she likes me..."

"She likes you enough to stand up for you and show you where her hiding spots are. The worst Maria will ever tell you, is no."

Was he really the only one that knew where she vanished too?

Julieta hugged him before leaving his room.

Bruno paused. He tossed salt and sugar over his shoulders, than knocked out his pattern.

Maybe he could have a vision?

But then he'd have to show her and he didn't want her with him just because he saw it in the future...plus she didn't want any visions done that she didn't request.

he'd just have to hope.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maria's leg muscle spasmed again.

"Honestly Maria..."

"Sorry!" Maria whined and Agustin shook his head.