CHAPTER XII

BABYSITTING THE  BOSS

Am I his maid or his babysitter? Stupid Jenny. Apparently, as of today, I was both. Since waking up this morning, I was on all fours, making sure every inch the god descended upon was spotless. After a quick breakfast of toast and milk, I dashed upstairs, just in time for the god to rise from his heavenly bed.

“Boss, you’re having a shower?” I asked when I heard the shower running and saw piles of clothing scattered all over the floor.

“Yeah,” came his muffled voice from somewhere inside the bathroom suite.

“Should I get your clothing ready?” I picked up his shirt and discarded it in the laundry basket.

“Yeah.”

“What type? It’s predicted to be sunny today. Polo shirt? T-shirt? Shorts?”

“Suit, tie, and blazer.”

I stood up stiffly, eyes staring at the partially closed door in disbelief.

“But, boss, you’ll be staying at home all day. Why do you need to dress in formal wear?”

“Because I want to. You got a problem with that?”

Umm. Must have been his way of showing off again. It wasn’t enough that he was boasting in my face every day about how wealthy he was. He had to remind me every single minute that I was his coffee machine and maid. Oh, I hate him. Just because I’m a poor student and in debt... A wet hand landed on my cheek. I jerked, turning around, and— Giovanni. Naked. I blinked. And screamed.

“Holy hell, boss. You scared me. Get your naked body inside. You almost gave me a fright.”

I shoved my palm flat on his chest, but it was slippery. Giovanni ignored me, standing like Adonis the naked statue, leaning against the doorframe. I knew my mission of getting him inside that bathroom was close to zero percent likely, so I shut my eyes, turning around to keep from that temptation. And of course, my heart was dancing to the song of temptation, too.

“Don’t be a prude. It’s not like you’ve never seen me naked before.”

Crap! Does he know I peeked on his bath time before?

“Some women prefer not to have that image imprinted in their mind until they meet their soul mate,” I said in defense of my dignity.

Too late for me, though. I’d already seen his package. And stepped on it, too. The image was too clear in my head to erase. No sound came from Giovanni. Thinking the coast was clear, I spun on my heel and—

“Boss, you’re still naked,” I screeched, jerking my hands in front of my eyes again.

“Did I say I was going to get dressed?” He strode toward me, his manly goods hanging and all.

“Have some mercy on my eyes. Please.”

I spun around and shut my eyes again. I knew if I stood one more second looking at him, I would seriously attack him. He was just too captivating. Oh, the image isn’t good. Me and him... tumbling around in bed—

“Jay!”

“Yes, boss!” I answered immediately, my vivid imagination cut short.

“Come here.”

“Are you all dressed this time?” I peeked between my fingers.

“No.”

“Then I’ll get going.” I tiptoed toward the door. “Leave you in peace so you can—”