44

Laying in Aidan's arms, I stared up at the ceiling, mind filled with uncertainties and fear

Laying in Aidan's arms, I stared up at the ceiling, mind filled with uncertainties and fear. After talking with Aidan last night, I know what I have to do, how to move on.

Today I tell my family about my childhood.

Fear was eating away at me, as if everything would crumble around me and eat me whole. The apprehension as to the reactions of my family was strong, for I had an idea of what they would do, and I'm afraid it could drag me back to the past I wish to leave.

Mateo knows somewhat of my mistreatment, but no where near how terrible it truly was. I'm afraid he'll feel betrayed that I lied to him when he asked if that was all that happened. Antonio, I think he'll break down, the mother in him in agony at thought of what I endured. Stefano...I have no idea. It's very rare he shows any emotion at all, and when he does, it's usually to show he doesn't care. Tristano, god only knows what he shall do. I wouldn't be surprised if he blew up all of England to make sure every one of my abusers were dead. Tommaso would likely hold me as I no doubt cried telling them what happened.

Christopher, I already know he'd be heartbroken. He may have not know me well, but I can already see he blames himself for not being there for me. I don't understand why he feels this way, as he didn't know of my existence.

I just hope I don't break them.

Feeling the large pair of arms around my waist pull me closer, I saw that Aidan was sleepily opening his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Aidan mumbled, his voice deep and groggy.

"I'm just thinking." I replied with a small smile, nuzzling closer to his warmth.

"About what? It can't be good if it's keeping you awake." Aidan mumbled as he placed a kiss on the crown of my head.

"I'm going to tell my father and brothers tomorrow." I told him.

Aidan finally fully opened his eyes, sitting up slightly to look down at me, his silver nose ring glistening in the moonlight. "Do you want me there?"

"They'd probably shoot you before you got through the front door." I chuckled, placing my palm on his cheek.

"I don't care." Aidan said. "If you want my support I'll be there."

"No, I need to do this alone." I told him with a small smile. Reaching up, I pecked his lips. "But thank you."

Aidan laid back, pulling me close so my body moulded into his side, his bicep providing to be a firm pillow. "Never thank me for being by your side."

But you're not by my side...

You're not mine.

When morning arrived, the nerves had increased considerably. My knee was bouncing up and down, picking at the skin of my thumb subconsciously.

Aidan had to leave early in the morning, but told me to call him should I need him. Jayden left with him, heading to do something -probably illegal- for Aidan. Maxim left too, having a shift at the shop and needing to talk to Maddie.