21

Peace is an illusion

When I got to my room, I went to the bathroom and dabbed water on my face, and removing the remaining tears on my cheeks

When I got to my room, I went to the bathroom and dabbed water on my face, and removing the remaining tears on my cheeks. As I left the bathroom, I looked up and saw Tommaso sprawled out on my bed.

He was wearing a hoodie, a pair of Nike shorts, and a bag of sweets in his hand. In his other hand, he held another one of his grey hoodies, and a pair of my own shorts, and fluffy socks.

"Movie night?"

Smiling, I nodded my head, and took the clothes from his hand. I changed inside my wardrobe, and brought out a giant knitted blanket.

"Fucking hell that's huge." Tommaso commented as he watched me heave it out the door, not making a move to help.

"Don't get up, I've got it." I sarcastically said, giving him a deadpan glare.

"Okay." He chirped happily.

"Tommy!" I whined, still struggling.

"Tommy?" He questioned with an amused expression.

"You could be a peaky blinder by the way you walk." I responded.

It was true, he had the whole 'fuck you' vibe at school as he walked -strutted- the halls. But the second he was with family or friends he was beyond playful.

"A whaty what the fuck?" Tommaso's face was one of pure bewilderment.

"You don't know what the Peaky Blinders are!" I yelled, my heart ripping in two.

"No..." Tommaso answered, his voice quivering slightly.

"Forget fucking movie night, it's time for basic british education."

By the second episode, Tommaso was engrossed in the show. He had already declared Tommy and Freddie his favourites; poor boy.

His eyes were transfixed on the screen, staring deeply in the soul of the Shelby clan. I think he shit himself a little when they started cutting up the Lee boys with their hats. I also think he grew a little crush for the original Tommy in that scene.

I mean... Thomas Shelby is just *chef kiss*

Tommaso's growing semi was put on hold however by dinner.

The two of us went downstairs, to find Mateo and Christopher missing from the dinner table. And Antonio was barking orders at Stefano who was sipping away at his coffee, completely ignoring him.

"Ah finally. There's been an issue at work, so dad, Mateo and I need to go. Your three." He pointed towards Tristan, Tommaso and I, "Be in bed by ten-"

"That's a bit early don't you think son?" Christopher said as he walked through the doorway.

He was buttoning up his trench coat, talking to Antonio. His gaze shifted around the room till it landed on me at the table. His eyes were analysing as he smiled at me.