Chapter 5: Fortitude

*Sakuta's perspective*

"What do you mean she was murdered? WHAT DO YOU MEAN!?" I frantically screamed at the telephone.

"Onii-chan..." Kaede murmured out of fear.

"I'm going out, Kaede." I said then I sprinted out to Tomoe's funeral.

...

"What happened!?" I asked the friends of Tomoe.

"Don't make a scene dude!" Kunimi said as he pulls me away from Tomoe's friends.

"Calm down, Sakuta." Mai said as she held my jacket.

"She's supposed to apply as one of the family restaurant's crew." I said as I broke down, crying.

"How'd you know that? Were you really that close to Tomoe-chan?" One of Tomoe's friends asked

"I was-" I said as Futaba dragged me away.

"Don't act foolishly, you rascal. You think they would believe you about your current circumstances?" Futaba asked.

"But they-"

"They should know the truth? What truth? A truth that is physically impossible?" Futaba asked.

"I- I-"

"You don't have to suffer alone. We're here." Futaba said as she hugged me.

"Oh. Did I interrupted something?" Mai asked.

"You want to transfer, rascal?" Futaba asked.

"Thank you. I'm calm now." I said as I gathered up myself.

"Don't worry Mai-senpai. That was only a one-time thing." Futaba said.

"I'm jealous of your friendship, not by Sakuta inhaling your scent like there's no tomorrow." Mai teases.

"Speaking of tomorrow, does Tomoe's death caused the continuation in time? She's really the Laplace's demon, isn't she?" I asked.

"That is plausible but you might be missing some points." Futaba said.

"I know. Her death wasn't supposed to happen." I answered.

"So are you implying that the murderer knew about the time looping fiasco?" Mai asked.

"That's the only thing that comes to mind, yes." Futaba answered.

"But why? How come that I and that murderer got sucked in into Tomoe's physical calculation manifestation?" I asked.

"Quantum entanglement, perhaps?" Futaba said.

"Quantum entanglement? What's that?" I asked.

"Seriously? You're ought to read a book or two, Sakuta. It's basically a phenomenon where two particles from separate places interconnects or shares spatial proximity without intermediation and having to share information with each other even in vast distances." Mai said.