Chapter 3: Kouhai

*Sakuta's perspective*

"That was quite the speech you had, you young rascal." Futaba said.

"Your heart is really made of iron, Sakuta." Kunimi said.

"You'd happily face embarrassment if a beautiful senpai is involved. That's a young rascal if I ever see one." Futaba added.

*Sakuta sighs*

"So? Why the long face bud?" Kunimi asked.

"My hypothesis is that he got rejected." Futaba said.

"Rejected? I thought what Sakuta did was more than enough to move the heart of a young maiden." Kunimi said.

"Can you guys stop rubbing the wound? Maybe comfort me a little at least?" I said.

"My hypotheses were right then." Futaba said.

"Yuuma~ Let's eat lunch together!" Kamisato said to Kunimi.

"I'll be going then, Sakuta. Cheer up bud. You'll find another girl to pour your love for." Kunimi said then got dragged away by Kamisato.

"I'll be going as well. If you need someone to comfort you, don't go into the lab." Futaba said then left.

Mai-san went back to the showbiz industry. We're still somewhat connected but I can't really face her straight on after that humiliation. Rumors that she rejected me circulated through the school like a wildfire. At the very least, I resolved her literal existential crisis. I hope that Shoko-san will be proud of me.

"Hnngh. Good morning peko!" A high pitched voice coming from the cellphone of one of the bystander students near me said.

 Good morning peko!" A high pitched voice coming from the cellphone of one of the bystander students near me said

"She's really smoking hot, don't you think?" Another student said.

"I'd totally smash!" Another student said.

These perverts. If only they knew that who they're ogling is going at the same school as them. Yes, that's right. I'm not ignorant. I remembered that Usada Pekora is the name of this famous person, a bunny girl persona that resembles my coincidentally met neighbor, Usada Pekora-senpai herself.

"Can you guys stop oozing this perverted aura you have?" Tomoe said.

"Ah. The butt girl." I said.

"Butt girl? That's one perverted call sign you have, miss goody two shoes." One of the bystander students said.

"Wha-!?" Tomoe said then got interrupted.

"You guys have formed quite the herd, don't you think? Maybe you should all scram off and study good values or something." Yosuke, the one from the basketball team and has a crush on Tomoe, said.

"Tch. Let's go." One of the guy said then left.

"Are you alright, Tomoe-chan?" Yosuke asked.

"Umm, thanks but Azusagawa-senpai here has already in control of the commotion prior to your meddling." Tomoe said.