That was good. It looks like Tempest is still thriving as ever.

<Yes master. Under your guidance, there is no way anything can go wrong> said Ciel.

I chuckled softly hearing that. There were initially a lot of challenges managing the nation after the war, but over the past six millennials, things had been running smoothly on their own. Any problems that arose were swiftly addressed by Ciel, so I was basically living an easy life.

I honestly think you are giving me too much credit. You were the one who took care of most of my problems, so it's you who is the main mastermind behind this.

<No master. I am essentially a part of you, your other half. So, whatever credit I receive should also be attributed to you> said Ciel.

That's right. No matter what I say Ciel won't budge on that. I have now grown to accept this fact.

After completing all formalities of the day, I finally stepped outside my castle, feeling mentally exhausted. I was in desperate need of rest. As I walked, lost in my thoughts, a voice greeted me from the front.

"Yo, Rimuru. How's it going?"

It was Guy, one of my trusted allies, but mostly a pain in the ass.

"Hey there, Guy. What's up?" I asked, my mind still foggy from the day's events.

"It seems the overseeing day has really taken a toll on you if you've forgotten why we're here," came another voice from behind me, and I felt a sudden chill in the air.

"Yo there, Velzard-san. Long time no see" I said, still struggling to process her words.

"Kuku. You really are a mess, aren't you?" said Guy, smirking.

"I can see you are enjoying my suffering you demon!" I exclaimed in frustration. Guy knew all too well that the overseeing day was a gruelling task for me. On this day, I had to switch into formal mode, overseeing various factions of the nation, receiving reports and dealing with other responsibilities...

Ugh! I wish you could take my place for a day. Then you'd understand.

"Right. Right. Since you are not in full health right now, let me remind you. We are here for the Tempest Grand ceremony" said Guy, filling me in.

Ah right! How could I forget? The grand ceremony is going to be held in Tempest in just 10 days. At the end of the ceremony, there is a tournament of power, as it is called, where a lot of people compete, but mainly it's just my most powerful subordinates trying to impress me... But to even conduct a tournament among so many catastrophic creatures, we need multiple true dragon level beings to maintain barriers to avoid world destruction. That's why, I invited Guy and Velzard for the job, although I didn't expect them to arrive so soon.

"Right. I remember now. But the ceremony is still quite a ways off. Why did you two come here so early?" I asked.

"Why don't you take a guess Rimuru?" said Velzard with a mischievous smile "It's a very important reason"

Huh?

<It is assumed that the two of them are just too bored in their dwelling in the frozen continent and have come here just to kill time>

"An important reason, my ass. You are here just to kill time" I retorted with a smirk.

"Aww don't put it like that, Rimuru. We are here to investigate" said Velzard.

"Hoho? Investigate what?" I asked, feeling suspicious.

"The new variety of food and cuisine that Tempest has developed, along with the budding entertainment industry." said Guy "All at your expense, of course,"