Broke Hearts

I am exhausted. The day had been long and tense, the unpredictable gnawing at me continuously. Dragging my feet on the floor, I successfully made my way to the office I reside in. The smell of wood was earthy and comforting, and the chrome-like floating crystals that were carefully adorned in the office were softly floating, emanating a warm glow. I was able to plop myself on the chair in front of my desk with the last of my strength.

I sigh deeply, finally letting my body sink. Turning to look outside the window, night had greeted the world with the glowing stars twinkling like diamonds. The waxing crescent moon rising slowly in the dark canvas, was poetic.

Maybe, I could close my eyes for a moment.

Silence filled my mind, it was euphoric.

"Your Excellency!" The voice of Noface numbed my ears as he shouted, flinging the doors open as he entered. The commotion attracted the attention of all the maids in the corridor.

"What is happening? What was the undead talking about, you being his true love?!" He continued to shout without even taking a breath.

"Noface." I glared at the poor blob who had been sluggishly pacing around in my office. Startled, everyone turned to look at me mortified. I was not in the mood to start explaining, let alone think.

"You bursting into my office, screaming, and without knocking, almost caused me a heart attack!" I fumed. The maids scurried away, alarmed by the tone of my voice. Gentle creatures as they are, they are scared of many things.

"A heart atta-? There's something wrong with your heart now?!" Noface screeched. I could almost see his soul escape just now. My patience was wearing thin, my sleep deprivation not helping in the slightest. I was seeing red.

"No, it's a saying, there's nothing wrong with my heart. Now, please. Quiet. Down."

Noface hiccupped. I guess my face was more fearsome than I originally thought. I sigh audibly, exhausted, and worn down from the day's events. Crying inside, all I want is my soft bed and to fall asleep.

"Listen, I know you are worried. Understandable, so let's talk about what happened tomorrow and-" Before I could finish my sentence, the sound of many footsteps could be heard before a group of people bust into my office, again.

"What happened? We got a report from some of the maids Her Grace was screaming." Alucard stormed past everyone, walking towards me with concern in his eyes. Before anyone got a chance to speak, he was glaring at the unsuspecting victim that was Noface. Everyone could guess what was going on inside his mind except Asteria.

Ah, he is jealous it wasn't him, echoed in everyone's heads with a deadpan face.

"Her-her Grace..." Noface trailed off.

No, don't say it.

"Her Grace has found love!" Before I had the chance to stop him, he had already blurted the words out. Noface looked like he was about to burst into tears, a saddened look on his face.

I was left reaching towards the air, hopelessly trying to grasp on the hope that I could take the spoken words back. But there they were, out in the open, drilling holes into everyone's ears.

Well, shit.

Alucard kept his eyes on the black blob, his knees hitting the ground hard, shattering the slabs of marble that had been meticulously repaired after the last blowout. Despair, horror, anguish. In the blink of an eye, Alucard and every guardian could see the colors fade from their world. The being they all loved so much, loving someone else.