Chapter 7

Ash had always been addicted to sex. It was the one thing in life she could control. She had been a total virgin for far too long now as Daenyra and after getting a taste of her old addiction with Aegon, she was looking for another hit. 

She didn't really need to sleep with anyone to win the game. In all honesty, she had amassed power and followers as a toddler, she didn't need to do the romance schemes at all if she didn't want to. 

But having that power over a man, was a hit of adrenaline that she could drown in. That power was high she could no longer live without. 

She needed sex, real sex. 

Not with Aegon or some random man. 

She needed that rush of knowing a man loved her and he owned him. She could go to Derek, but that ran the risk of him getting jealous too soon and asking them to run away together. Running away was not an option. 

The answer to her problems came in the form of a proposal, sent to her rather than her father. 

Winterfell. 

They were hosting a feast for Lord Cregan Stark's eldest son, Rickon. They knew she would only marry for love and so they invited her to a casual get-together so that she might acquaint herself with some of the northern lords who otherwise might never meet the princess. 

At dinner that night, she sat down with her family. Aegon wouldn't stop staring at her throughout the meal. Though this was not unusual, there was a different fire in his eyes as he watched her eat. 

Rhaenyra and her family were all resting after the new baby and did not come to dine with them, leaving the dragon surrounded by hightowers.

"Kepa." The king gave her his undivided attention as she began speaking, "I have been invited to Winterfell by Lord Stark for Heir Stark's 18th nameday. I think I would like to go."

He nearly choked on his food as Aegon coughed up his wine. He looked at Daenyra in horror, "You understand they are only inviting you in an attempt to gain your hand." 

"I had assumed it is meant to acquaint me with the northern bachelors, yes. I want to marry for love, kepa. It's only fair that I meet them. I mean what if I end up falling madly in love with one of these strapping northern lords?"

"Y-you... You wish to marry?" Viserys looked stunned as if he hadn't even considered the idea of marrying off his diamond. 

"Once I meet the one, of course!" She smiled that angelic naive smile that always bent the king to her will. 

"Very well... You may go with a group of twenty trusted, and Ser Derek and Ser James must be with you at all times."

"Well of course Father! I wouldn't want you to worry over this." 

"I think it's a splendid idea, Daenyra. You are well within marrying age-" Alicent was soon cut off by Aegon. "NO! Are you all mad? If she falls in love with a Northerner she will move away to the North. If she is to marry she should stay in Kingslanding. She should marry me!... or-or Aemond! Or someone...."

"As much as I despise the thought of our diamond so far from home. Who are we to keep her if she wishes to go?" 

After arguing for about twenty minutes, Aegon stormed out in a rage. Derek escorted Daenyra back to her room, also looking displeased at the prospect of Daeny getting married.

Alone at the table, Viserys turned to Alicent, "I worry for her so many men crave her, Aegon included."

"Maybe marrying her off is the safest option for her, to avoid an all-out war for her hand. Perhaps we should betroth Helaena and Aegon too. It unnerves me how much Aegon desires Daenyra, I worry for her if he is left unchecked."

"So be it. Aegon and Helaena will marry. Daenyra will go north for a time."

It took months to reach Winterfell. Ceniza flew overhead in circles trying to slow to the pace of the traveling party. 

A shy smile spread on her lips as she saw the towering walls of Winterfell in the distance.

The carriage pulled in and out front stood the Starks all in a row, just like in Game of Thrones. 

She recognized Cregan Stark immediately. He was older with some silver lacing his black hair and beard. He had a cold but honorable look about him. 

She remembered the names of each of the stark children and assumed they stood in age order based on their height. There was Rickon Stark, Sarra Stark, Alys Stark, Raya Stark, Mariah Stark, Jonnel Stark, Edric Stark, Lyanna Stark, Barthogan Stark, and Brandon Stark. Many children from his three different wives. 

The halls were never quiet she was sure.

The door opened and Derek offered his hand to the Princess as she exited the carriage. 

She emerged and the air seemed to change around her. She looked angelic as the northern sun bounced off her features. Her eyes immediately met Rickon's. His breath caught and his heart shuttered in his chest as he met her kind violet eyes. Cregan raised a brow at his son's reaction. Sure the princess was gorgeous but sweet seven he was practically drooling. 

They all bowed as the princess' titles were announced. 

"Lord and Lady Stark, thank you so much for inviting me to your lovely home. I look forward to my time here in Winterfell."

"We welcome your grace. Though I am slightly surprised you accepted our invitation." The Lord of Winterfell replied pleasantly.

"Yes, believe me, I am surprised as you are that my father allowed me out of his sight." She smiled her eyes alight with mischief and playful teasing towards the king.

The Starks chuckled at her playful nature, smiling as they got to see a bit of her personality. "I am sure you are weary from your travels. Rickon can escort you to your chambers so that you may rest." Lady Stark suggested. 

With a gracious smile, Princess Daenyra looped her arm through Rickon's and together they made their way toward her quarters.