36. Jealousy Jealousy - Part II

Continuing from Part I. P.S. Italics are Shivaay's thoughts :)

Once the ceremony was over, everyone dispersed, talking amongst themselves, taking pictures and catching up with friends for possibly the last time. Amidst all this, Shivaay found himself unable to look away from Annika. Sure, he was keeping Om company as his brother was congratulated and praised but his eyes constantly roved around the room searching for that dazzling smile.

All his dreams and nightmares came true when he noticed that she was approaching his brother. Behind her was another girl, her sister maybe?

"Hey! The speech was great." Om said to Annika giving her a brief hug.

"Thank you! Not gonna lie I was so nervous."

"No way, you're literally the most confident person I know." Om replied.

It was then that Annika glanced to the side and saw Shivaay. "You're the guy from this morning." she said surprised.

Shivaay's brain was in overdrive.

She had noticed him in the morning? Oh god what must she think of him! Probably some snooty rich boy (which he kind of was).

Breathe. Smile. Do not say something stupid!

"Sorry about that." he said, scratching his eyebrow.

"Annika this is Shivaay, my elder brother." Om introduced, looking between the pair of them in suspicion.

"You mean the Shivaay our Economics professor never shuts up about?"

Shivaay grinned, "Mr. Gupta still remembers me?"

Annika laughed, "We hear about 'Shivaay Singh Oberoi my best student' every other lecture. No offence but I kind of hated you for a while."

Shivaay shrugged, "I'm sorry?"

"No it's not your fault you're smart. Maybe he just needs to stop raving about ex-students and focus on the current lot."

"Oh I totally agree! Back when I had him he would never stop giving examples about some Dev Dixit. Turns out he's just founded the new startup in Delhi."

The pair were so busy talking that neither of them noticed that his brother and her sister had disappeared. It was only when Shivaay heard Rudra yelling that his attention diverted from Annika's face.

"Bhaiyya have you seen O? Mum's looking for him."

"Yeah he's right he- hey where's Om!"

"If I knew, I wouldn't be asking you." Rudra replied pointedly.

"Look for him then, idhar hi hoga where else will he go." Shivaay said giving Rudra a shove.

"OW! Aap bhi chalo na," Rudra tugged at his forearm, "fir ghar pe jaake we'll have to get ready for the stupid party."

One of these days Ru, I'm really going to kill you.

Shivaay nodded. "I'm sorry, I have to go find Om," he said to Annika who smiled, "maybe I'll see you again?"

"Maybe."

-------------------------------------------

They were on the way back home, the brothers and Priyanka in one car driven by Khanna & the rest of the family in Tej's.

"The graduation was so cool O! I can't wait for mine." Rudra said.

Om raised an eyebrow, "Uske liye padhai karni padti hai and as far as you and studies are concerned.."