Secret of the Tomb, Part 1 (PROLOGUE INCLUDED): The Tablet's Malfunction

Start from the beginning

"I got this." Y/n said, tapping their earbud, "Guys, where are you?" Y/n asked Jed and Octavius through the earbud. They tapped it three times to go through speaker mode, and the three could hear Jed and Octavius laughing.

"We're at the help desk computer! These videos are hilarious!" Jedediah said, still laughing.

"Wait, how did-" Larry said before Y/n cut him off. "Just ask them when you get the chance." Y/n said, tapping the bud three times again to set it back to normal.

"Oh by the way, have you seen the primordial men? The museum had added a new one." Sacagawea said.

"What? No." Larry said in disbelief, "Oh, and make sure the centurions stretch, all right?" Sacagawea nodded and walked away.

"Okay everybody, listen up!" Larry raised his voice, "I don't want to make anybody nervous, but the mayor and the governor are both out there! And, I'm not 100% sure, but I think Regis Philbin, too."

"*gasp* Reeju Philbo?" Atilla asked, ready to fanboy over the talkshow host.

"Yeah, Reeju Philbo." Larry turned to Rexy, "Rexy, do me a favor. Watch the tail, okay? There's gonna be an open flame. Oh, and Dexter," he walked up to Dexter, "How you doing, my man? All limbered up? Looking good, like the tie, got kind of a Chippendales thing going on." Dexter clapped his chalky hands.

"Good. Okay, everybody relax, and have fun, okay?" Larry said. He was about to turn to Y/n to ask again where Jed and Octavius were, but then Ahkmenrah walked into the room.

"Larry, Y/n, you better come see this." He said. Larry and Y/n looked at him with worry, before walking with him to his exhibit. The tablet had some sort of teal rust on it.

"Have you ever seen it like this before?" Y/n asked. "Never." Ahk answered, "this corrosion has never happened before, it's always been exactly the same." The three look at the tablet. "I wonder what's up with it." Larry said, pointing his flashlight at the tablet. "I have no idea. And to be honest, my father knew that secrets of the tablet better than I did. Unfortunately, he swore he'd never reveal them." Ahk responded. The tablet grew rustier, and Ahkmenrah lost balance due to it. Larry and Y/n spent no time waiting to catch him before he fell. "You okay?" "You alright?" Larry and Y/n asked in sync.

"...Yes. ...Yes, I'm fine." Ahkmenrah uttered. "Okay, just take it easy out there, alright? 15 minutes till showtime." Larry said, patting Ahk's back, before signaling Y/n to move along, "We'll figure this out tomorrow." Larry moved along, making sure everything was ready, and Y/n walked over to the help desk computer, and disconnected their bud, looking at Jedediah and Octavius laugh.

"Doggone it!" Jed wheezed, looking at cat videos. "Did you see that?" Octavius laughed, "They're trying to catch the light!" "But you can't do it boys! You can't catch light! It's as elusive as human happiness!" Jed hollered, still laughing. Y/n laughed a little at Jed's dark humor.

"I shall like to comment, summon the apparatus." Octavius commanded to one of the guys nearby. "SUMMON THE APPARA-" The guy said, before being cut off by Y/n, walking up to the computer and sitting down in the chair in front of it. "I got it, guys, no apparatus needed this time." Y/n said, getting ready to type. "Aw, thanks, Y/n!" Jed said, before laughing a bit more, and sighing, "what are you gonna say?" He asked Octavius. Octavius spoke up for Y/n to hear.

"L..."

Y/n typed L

"O..."

Y/n typed O

"L."

Y/n typed the last letter, amd then noticed Octavius' username.

"'Octodaddy'? Seriously?" Y/n asked, laughing, "I don't know how you're not banned, with that username." they laughed.