Chapter Three: How the Journey to the End of my Life Began

Chapter Three:

How the Journey to the End of my Life Began

“I just want to see what goes on
A chance to put it right before it goes wrong
Select the things I say that I regret and
Erase them all, erase them all
Save my friends so they don't get hurt
Get the mustard stain off my favorite shirt
Have more vision than a crystal ball, a crystal ball
I don't want to be surprised”

-Journey to the End of My Life, All Star Weekend

 “What a jerk!”

“Douche bag!”

“Butt hole!”

“Loser!”

“Prick head!”

“Coward!”

“Jerk!”

“Nik you already said that,” I said as I watched both my friends pace my black tiled floor while taking turns to see who could come up with a better insult for my current ex.

“It doesn’t matter if I repeated it or not, he still is one!” Nik rationalized loudly.

 “Do I know it,” I mumbled.

“God I just can’t believe I actually thought that he was different, you guys were so right when you warned me about him.” I admitted hiding my head in my hands in shame.

“Can I say I told you- OW!” Drew was cut off when Nikki smacked the back of her head; lividly scowling at her.

“Drew this is not the time to gloat about that.” Nikki said through clenched teeth.

“But she is right Nik. You guys told me time and time again that he would just end up breaking my heart and he sort of did. Although not completely, the fact that he is a jerk lessens the blow a bit, but still it hurts.” I said with my head still encased by my hands.

Drew squatted down to my level on the edge of my bed and put a comforting hand on my shoulder. Trying to reassure me that I would be okay, and she was right. Give me a couple of days, and I would be fine. If it were a better guy then it may take weeks for me to heal, but the fact that he was a jerk kind of makes everything better. It hurts and I am sad-I am not heartless you know- but I think my anger sort of over shadows everything else I am feeling right now. I want to prove to him that I am more than your every day girl, and I would do it in the most brutal way I can come up with if necessary.

 “What he did was low, really low.” Nikki copied Drew’s position while comforting me.

 Things just weren’t going my way today. First there was the whole Powder-Puff league being cut, then the whole Spencer being a meanie along with his coach and his stupid football playing friends. Finally to top it all off I just broke up with said boyfriend of nine months. Next thing I know my mother is going to start dating again. If you are listening god, you really screwed me over. Okay, I guess you didn’t necessarily ruin my life, but it’s just one of those days. You know those days where it seems like it’s you versus the world.