TLC - Captors

Summary - Sollux gets the human 'common cold' and sadly neither Mituna nor Psiioniic know how to get rid of it. But luckily Mituna knows a human who can help his descendant. So he calls his friend and she comes over and nurses him back to health.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You'd been minding your own business finishing your Advanced Lit homework when Mituna sent you a text. He'd asked you how humans got rid of sickness. You'd asked him to elaborate because there were literally hundreds upon hundreds of different illnesses on Earth. So he'd rephrased and asked how humans got rid of the 'Common Cold'. You started to worry because you'd learned from Aranea that trolls didn't have 'colds' on Alternia or Beforus. So you fired a text back asking if he was sick. He replied that no it wasn't him that was sick. It was Sollux. You frowned at your phone's screen and bit your lip before replying that you'd come over with some stuff to help the little guy feel better. Mituna thanked you for your help because to be honest neither he nor Psii knew what to do.

You closed your phone before getting up and grabbing some things you'd need before you left. Like your purse, wallet, and keys. You'd need to stop by the store on your way there so you can pick up some stuff for Sollux to eat. He'd need chicken noodle soup and you knew that the only food the Captors had at their house were snack foods and frozen dinners and frozen pizza. Their kitchen was almost as barren as the Strider's kitchen. Which didn't make any sense considering they all managed to stay so fit and healthy looking. But you shrugged that train of thought off and stepped outside, locked the house up, and then got in your car. 

It was a short trip to the local superstore and before long you were filling your cart with a few cans of chicken broth, a can of vegetable broth, packaged chicken breasts, some carrots, celery, an onion, and a bag of egg noodles. After you picked out the food you went and got some tissues because you knew he'd need them, as well as some cold medicine. And as an after thought you also picked up some lemon juice and honey so Sollux could have something warm to drink. Once you checked out you loaded your bags into the car and then sped off towards the Captor apartment. And luckily for you the apartment complex's landlord kept the elevator working. You'd have to thank Bro for keeping it in order. You wouldn't have made it to Psii's apartment if you'd have had to walk up all those flights of stairs. 

You stepped off the elevator onto the 22nd floor and hurried to their door before knocking loudly. The straps of the plastic grocery bags were digging painfully into your arms. Thankfully Psii answered and saw you struggling so used his powers to lift the bags out of your arms before moving back to let you in. Both of you walked into the living room and there was Sollux sitting half curled on the couch with a visibly worried Mituna sitting opposite him. Sollux had obviously seen better days. His hair was rumpled and the parts of his clothes that weren't hidden under his blanket were wrinkled. You sighed and asked Psii to sit the bags in the kitchen while you talked to Sollux. With a nod he left you and the two younger Captors alone in the living room.

"Hey Sollux~" You crouched down next to the tiniest Gemini and he lazily looked over at you before opening his mouth to return your greeting. At first his voice was raspy and dry making him frown and clear his throat before trying again. "Hey (____). What'2 up?" You gave him a soft smile and replied, "Well I'm here to take care of you since all you trolls are new to this whole 'cold' business. Can you tell me how you're feeling? So I know where to start." Sollux made a huffing noise and looked away, seeming to be thinking something over. You noticed his eyes were actually bloodshot, the red and blue mixing with his yellow blood color making it easy to tell where his pupils were for a change. Finally after sniffling a couple times he said, "My throat hurt2 and II keep coughiing up thiis gro22 2liimy 2tuff. And II'm really tiired all the tiime. And II keep coughiing and 2neezing, whiich hurt2 a 2hiit ton. And II'm hungry but every tiime II try and eat anythiing II throw iit back up."