Chapter 82

Good thing that Duke Jingting is lucky, he managed to escape. Emperors Yunqings face was still furious, These scoundrels are too rampant!

Either from disappointment or something else, the Crown Princess glanced at Xie Wanyu. Xie Wanyu was surprisingly still without any expression on her face. Seeing the Emperor and Empress were concerned, the Crown Princess said, Heaven knows that Imperial Father and Empress Mother care about Ban family. Heaven doesnt want to see you two sad for Ban family thus protected their safety.

The Crown Princess is correct. Xie Wanyu picked it up. Duke Jingting is certainly blessed with good fortune.

Emperor Yunqing did not refute, he remembered that Ban Huais luck was evidently good. Everytime Ban Huai messed up, his Imperial Father happened to be in a good mood. Whenever Hui-wang devised some tricks to scare them, it was difficult to succeed whenever Ban Huai was with him.

Thinking of this, Emperor Yunqing smiled, He is Aunts son, the maternal grandson of Imperial Grandfathers, of course he is blessed by Heaven.

The Empress sighed in relief, it was good that Duke Jingting was safe. This is called a lazy man has a lazy mans blessing.

The Crown Princess silently said to herself, also that the scourge lasts a millenium.

T/N – 好人不长命祸害遗千年 = good people die young, the scourges live for a millenium.

Your Majesty, Niangniang. Ban Hua soon came back, she has changed clothes and her hair has been combed again. Just as the Empress said, the plain clothes fit her well as if it had been made according to her size.

Sit down and talk. The Empress beckoned Ban Hua to sit, gently said, His Majesty has told me what happened. Child, you must be shocked.

Ban Hua took a large sip of the tea a palace lady handed her, said in a small voice, Chennü was so angry, and had the guards beat up the assassins.

Since they are assassins, its fine to kill them. Just leave one that can talk. After saying this, the Emperor realised the two daughters-in-law were there, he said, Your father was frightened, be careful of cold these few days, dont let his health impacted.

The Empress has never forgotten the Grand Princess goodness. She was 15 years old when she married the Emperor, he was an unfavoured son of the previous emperor. His title was the crown prince, but he lived worse than a regular prince. Everyone said his position as the crown prince was not stable so they were often treated coldly.

The Grand Princess was the only one who treated them sincerely, in the end she even helped securing His Majestys position as the crown prince. Although Duke Jingting was quite a fop, but before His Majestys ascension to the throne, he often protected him from the then Second Princes bullying.

T/N – Not sure if the order/age of the previous Emperors children is ever listed, but the former Second Prince here might be Hui-wang, he has been described as a bully several times already.

Without the Grand Princess, they wouldnt have been in the current position. Everyone loved adding flowers to the brocade, but how many were willing to deliver coal during the snowy days? The Empress always had Ban familys goodness in her heart. They were idlers, but for her, they were better than many other people.

En. Chennüs younger brother is keeping Father company. Ban Hua nodded obediently.

The Empress saw that vivacious and spirited young girl was downcast, she took her hand and patted it gently, Dont be anxious, bengong and His Majesty are here, we wont let you suffer.

Have lunch first, Ive ordered the kitchen to prepare your favourite dishes. The Empress saw how docile she looked, she poked Ban Huas forehead, Come, youll have more energy to sort out the assassins after a meal.