Chapter 32

Kangning followed Ban Hua to a small courtyard. This courtyard was exquisitely built and had exotic flowers and plants, it looked like a young lady's living place. But the Grand Princess lived by herself, how come there was such a courtyard here?

"This is my resting place, inside there are clothes that I have never worn."

The Grand Princess' attendant opened the door, Kangning saw the room was very clean and completely furnished. It was more refined than her own place at the Wangfu, and this was just a resting place for Ban Hua?

"Ban Hua," Kangning called Ban Hua who was turning away to leave, "The maid who spilled tea on me, was that your doing?"

"So when you go out and slip, it must be because I dig a hole under your door?" Ban Hua felt Kangning Junzhu's logic was strange, "It's my grandmother's birthday banquet, what good it is for me to let a maid splash tea on you?"

"Because you want to make a fool of me in front of everyone." Kangning Junzhu had long seen through Ban Hua's nature, she sneered, "So what if you are a Junzhu now. Your surname is not Jiang but Ban, I am the true royal family."

Ban Hua couldn't help but roll her eyes, what's wrong with this Kangning, was her brain working. Besides, the current Emperor's surname was Jiang now, but who could tell what it would be in the next few years.

Too lazy to argue, Ban Hua turned to walk out. She didn't want to talk with a muddlehead.

"Ban Hua!"

"Kangning Junzhu," The Grand Princess residence's momo had been smiling all the way, "Please come with This Slave."

Seeing the lack of warmth on that momo's smile, Kangning's heart was full of unspoken resentment. Thanks to the Grand Princess, her father hadn't been the crown prince so the throne was out of reach, and today their whole family still had to don their best attire to congratulate the Grand Princess, had to maintain the warmest attitude while lowering themselves around others.

The winner is the king, the loser is the bandit!

If she had been a gongzhu, what would Ban Hua this little thief be?

"Kangning Junzhu, what kind of clothes do you like?"

Kangning turned to look into the room, there was a long row of wardrobe in the room. A variety of colourful palace dresses hang on the wardrobe, the embroideries on each of them were extraordinary. She was stunned, staring at the momo without understanding the question.

"These are all the clothes that our Junzhu hasn't worn yet. This Slave looks after them." The momo looked at Kangning and pulled a purple palace dress out. "Junzhu has fair skin and distinguished countenance, this piece would be a good fit."

That palace dress was very beautiful, the skirt's tail had a flying peacock embroidered in dark stitches. It looked brilliant and the colouring was vibrant, the dress was absolutely luxurious.

Kangning was tempted but she knew she couldn't wear it. Everyone in the Capital knew Hui-wang was an advocate of frugality and a practising Buddhist, his wife and children never wore anything luxurious.

"No need." Kangning averted her eyes, she pointed at a sombre coloured ruqun, "I like the simpler one."

The momo pulled the dress out and handed it to Kangning as requested. However after putting it on, she found the ordinary looking dress was made of tributed snow satin. It wasn't easy to produce so the quantity was limited, only the empress and the empress dowager used this material, unexpectedly the Grand Princess residence had it made into a dress.

"What a heavenly goddess." The momo said with admiring eyes, "Junzhu has good sight, this dress is really worthy for Junzhu."

Kangning stood in front of the full-body copper mirror looking at the dashing image of her elegant self, she couldn't make herself ask for a change. This dress.... it was the Grand Princess residence's attendant who told her to wear it, she didn't disobey her father's rule, did she?