Chapter 42

"Your Highness Changqing-wang," Rong Xia slid a tea cup in front of this unexpected guest, "Your Highness' visit brings light to my humble dwelling."

T/N – (Refresher) Changqing-wang was the Emperor's patrilineal cousin. His title literally means Evergreen King.

"Heh," Changqing-wang cracked a cryptic laugh, picked up the cup to drink, "I thought you disliked me this uninvited guest."

"Your Highness is joking." Seeing the teacup had became half empty, Rong Xia refilled it.

His hands were pale with distinct joints, these were the privileged and well-bred hands which if only the owner had been willing, were able to produce precious paintings that could drove countless people scrambling madly like ducks, and willingly spent a fortune without regret.

* 骨节分明 = fingers with distinct joint. This expression is used to describe beautiful hands.

Changqing-wang had been acquainted with Rong Xia for years but their relationship had never progressed. Changqing-wang could have many friends, but never to have close friends. He admired Rong Xia, but that was the limit of it.

"You seem to have a good relationship with Marquis Jingting?" Changqing-wang spread open his fan with a swish, fanning it in front of himself.

"En?" Rong Xia put the teapot down, smiled lightly, "Had some conversations with him."

"I thought you and that Junzhu....." Rong Xia glanced up to him, Changqing-wang laughed, "Just joking, don't take it seriously."

"Your Highness, better not making jokes about a lady's lifelong matter." Rong Xia withdraw his gaze, picked up his cup and lightly sniffed the aroma, he swirled the cup gently but didn't drink.

"Since when did we stop talking about men and women relationships in this Capital?" Changqing-wang closed his fan and tossed it on the table, "Besides, the Capital is now busy talking about the matter between Fule Junzhu and Left Minister's youngest di son."

* di = children of the legitimate wife.

The tea inside the cup in Rong Xia's hand was still gently swirling, he put it down.

Changqing-wang knew Rong Xia had no interest in chicken feather garlic skin gossips like this, but it didn't affect his own interest, he continued jabbering on.

* 鸡毛蒜皮 (lit. chicken feather, garlic skin) = trivial mattter.

"Don't know how Yan family teaches their son. He stumbled instantly after seeing a beauty, swearing it had to be that girl Ban Hua." Thinking of Ban Hua, Changqing-wang's face revealed some admiration, "But this girl is really very pretty, if only I was not his cousin-uncle, maybe I will also.... ahem."

Rong Xia drank a sip of tea, still keeping his silence.

"Actually it wasn't any big deal." Changqing-wang shook his head and sighed, "Just a one-sided love. Yan Zhen fell hard for Ban-junzhu, but she had nothing for him. Yan Zhen is now so sick after he returned that I heard medicine doesn't work anymore. Left Minister family is so distraught that they begged Ban family to marry their daughter to him."

"Yan Zhen is sick?" Rong Xia eyebrows raised, "He was still fine a few days ago at Shi family villa."

"Is there anything interesting at Shi family villa?" Changqing-wang shook his head, "People from Shi family are just like their family name, all boring. Only Shi Jin is different, he looks talented."

T/N – Shi = rock, stone. Changqing-wang meant the family is as interesting as rocks.

Rong Xia frowned, too lazy to pay him more attention.