Chapter 13: Farewell

Start from the beginning

Vivi avoided his gaze as Nami told him that there was no way in hell and to suck it up and be a man, a typical Nami response in my opinion.

The boy turned to me, trying his best to give me puppy dog eyes, and intertwined his fingers in a praying position. "Please Lady Y/n! Bestow mercy on this dying peasant!"

I sweatdropped at the forced polite treatment before motioning towards Lashes. "I don't think he'd let you ride him anyways."

Lashes glared at him, don't ask me how that's possible because I don't know, and Usopp's shoulders slumped at the rejection.

The corner of my lips lifted as I carefully got off of Lashes and stood next to him. "You're welcome to lean on me if you're that tired."

Usopp's eyes narrowed and he put his hand up as if he were blocking the sun from his face. Comedic tears fell from his eyes as he looked at me. "It's too bright..."

My head tilted in confusion as I watched Sanji hit him on the head causing his face to go directly into the sand. "Usopp?"

The long-nosed boy shot up and immediately darted to me before Sanji could hit him again. He went to put his arm around my shoulder before stopping and trying again before stopping again. "L-like this? Or wait no..."

I chuckled at how awkward the boy was, his cheeks dusted with a pink color. I grabbed his hand and lifted it above my head so that his arm rested on my shoulders, pulling him towards me a little to show him that it was okay to lean on me.

He cleared his throat before smiling weakly at me. "Thanks Y/n."

I nodded my head with a smile and hummed a welcome as we continued to walk, ignoring how goddamn hot it was for the sake of Usopp.

~•~

We all sat at some rocks, taking a break and eating some food. Nami and Zoro stood over the captain as they lectured him about something.

Luffy and I caught a meat from a plate on the ground starting to float at the same time and I quickly saw the transparent line leading to a fishing rod; Luffy, being Luffy, did not.

"W-Woah! Awesome! The meat can talk!" Luffy pointed at the dangling meat as two kiddish voices muttered to each other behind a rock. The meat flew away along with the sounds of tiny footsteps slowly getting quieter.

A distant scream can be heard, but this time it belonged to a man and it was above us. A few more thuds were heard and Luffy and I looked up at the sudden voice.

"No! Hey, Boy! Run! If that blows up, it'll take half of Alabasta with it!"

"Well that's not good," I hear Luffy mumble to himself as he stretched his arm and catches it midair to make sure it doesn't blow up.

"Nice catch, Luffy," I smiled at him which I immediately regretted when he turned to me and grinned before wrapping his arm around my waist twice and launching us both on the tall pillar that the man was shouting at us from.

"Huh? What happened to the bomb?" A man with a mustache and what seemed like a rocket launcher was at the edge of the pillar as he looked at us in confusion.

"You mean this?" Luffy held the 'bomb' out in his hand with a blank look on his face.

The man screamed in response and almost fell of the pillar, catching himself with his leg. "Are you trying to kill us?!"

Luffy let out a laugh as he watched the man's tactics. "You're funny, old guy!"

I shot Luffy a crooked smile as I scratched my head while watching the scene. "I don't think he's trying it be funny..."

"Oh..."

"Would you two stop talking and help me up!"

And the next thing I knew I was riding on the back of his ostrich along with him and Luffy and we were heading towards a familiar directions as he bloated about us being lucky that we were gonna witness him beating Ace.

Well he's determined, I'll give him that.

"There you are, Fire Fist Ace!"

Ace stood up at the sound of the man's voice and the sight of me and Luffy with him.

The man, his name Scorpion, declared a fight and after Luffy and I got off, they began. Of course, the man didn't have a chance considering the freckled man's strength, but he didn't go down without a fight.

We found out that the guy was the kids who stole our meats father and he only challenged Ace to prove something to his kids leading them to follow him out here.

A soft smile rests on my lips as I watched the three interact, reminding me of my own dad.

My father used to be so much more loving and I know he would never ever wish anything bad upon me. The only reason he didn't let me leave was because he was scared to lose me, after all he already lost his wife. I hold no resentment towards that man, only pity.

~•~

"Well then..." Ace pushed down on his hat a little more as he smiled.

"Are you really leaving, Ace?" Chopper asked sadly, already attached to the older male.

He nodded with a hum, his eyes shifting towards me. "Since Blackbeard isn't in Alabasta then there's no reason for me to be  here. Are you ready, Y/n?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" Zoro's eyes shifted to me as quick as those words left the older males mouth.

Sanji seemed to piece the puzzle together as his cigarette fell of his mouth, watching me walk over to Ace. His finger pointed to me and then to Ace and so on and so on. "Wait a minute, don't tell me..."

"Are you going with him Y/n?!" Usopp yelled as he pointed at me in betrayal.

Ace threw his arm around my shoulder and pulled me in close as I scratched my neck at the attention. "She sure is, isn't that right Luffy?"

Everyone turned to their captain only to see him staring at Ace and I with a blank look, not contributing to the conversation.

I put my hands up with a reassuring smile. "I'm not leaving forever, it's just for a day or two and I'll be back."

"Oi Luffy, are you sure this is okay?" Zoro looked towards his captain once more, tearing his eyes off of my figure.

Luffy ignored his crew mates worries as he only looked at me, hesitation glazed over his eyes.

Ace smirked cockily, he already knew Luffy said yes that night so he took this chance to tease his little brother. "They're right, she might not wanna come back."

Usopp, Nami, and Chopper fell to their knees with tears on their eyes at the thought before turning to Luffy and begging him to forbid me to go.

But the rubber boy kept his eyes on me, seemingly having an internal conflict.

I walk forward with a reassuring smile, my eyes only on Luffy's even as Axe's arm drops from my shoulder. Stopping in front of the ravenette, I hold out my pinkie while my e/c eyes revealed my honest intent to him. "Remember our promise?"

Luffy stared at my pinkie, an unfamiliar glint in his eyes, before grinning leading to his eyes closing as he giggled. "Yup! Don't worry guys, she'll come back!"

My smile widened and only Zoro seemed to relax at the captains words. Luffy linked his pinkie with mine before engulfing me in a tight hug.

"Make sure to come back," Luffy whispered in my ear, not wanting his older brother or his crew mates to hear.

I nodded, my hand on the back of his head to pull him closer as his soft hair got ruffled a bit. "I will, captain."

Once we let go from the hug, Ace tossed Luffy a blank piece of paper and told him to hold onto it at all times. Scorpion and his kids bid their farewell and Ace decided that we would use that distraction as a time to dramatically exit.