Part 26: Come Home

(I forgot how popular this book was. TvT)

(If you couldn't tell, I've been stuck on this part for the LONGEST time! AAAA!)

-

The plan was set. Once you three arrived at the palace, the Raven booked it out of the car and into the maze of hedges before anyone could show up. You stood by Hero's side, holding hands like the power couple you were up to the front doors. The driver was still parked in the driveway, admiring the sight and taking pictures for his niece and nephew back home.

Before you even reached them, the front doors swung open! Armond appeared on the other side, his smile now so obviously fake to everyone that knew the truth.

"My King! Were you hurt?? Ogh, I sure hope you didn't wind up losing one of your very lives today! I will have to double the guards today! No! Triple them!! We might just have to declare war even!"

"That won't be necessary." Hero spoke sternly. Rising up the steps, he found it hard to even act calmly in this situation. The absolute betrayal he felt. He knew it was childish to trick himself into believing a generational friendship like this would last, especially considering all the red flags he had purposefully overlooked throughout the centuries. But now, well, he no longer required such a stage-play companionship.

"WH-WHAT??! But, Herobrine! Th-th-they tried to kill your WIFE!" The man shot you a dirty look that lasted only about half a second, which Hero caught since he was now paying closer attention. When the king was only a couple steps away from his assistant, making them close to equal in height, Hero grabbed one of Armond's expressive hands and crushed it. "ACK!" Bending the man's wrist inwards, he easily brought the middle aged human to his knees.

"King Herobrine?!" Armond's two personal guards stationed by the door flinched in unison.

Herobrine spoke to them directly. "You are not to trust anything this man says. He is hereby accused of treason by the king!"

"B-but sir!!" Armond wailed. "I don't even know wh-at you are ta-talking about!!"

"Don't 'but sir' me! (Y/n) has already told me what you did."

Armond was quiet for a few seconds, his mind needing a moment to process all of this. Then, his mouth opened to bleat out whatever might work. "Your wife is a Falk, you must understand this!! She is a Falk!! A FALK I tell you!!" You calmly expanded your wings a little, giving the older looking man a pretty little smirk. He shot you a disgusted glare, one which redirected onto his own king. "YOU'RE A TRAITOR! A TRAITOR TO YOUR COUNTRY, AND TO EVERYTHING YOU FOUGHT TO PROTECT! A TRAITOR TO YOUR BROTHER, YOUR MOTHER, AND YOUR LATE FATHER!"

"Alright, that's ENOUGH of you!" Hero shoved the screaming pigeon back into the stairs. "I want this man imprisoned until we have found every slimy thing he's ever done!"

Holding up your hand, "I can name a few."

"Bu-but sir.. Shouldn't we be more concerned about the Falk beside you?" One of Armond's men pointed you out, as if he didn't already know.

Still a little heated from facing Armond. "So what if she is a Falk; she is still my wife!" His sternness easily scared Armond's men into action. They picked the traitor up off of the ground and helped the man to his feet. Armond shook the two off of him, glaring at everyone he could.