Part 14: Freezing Up

"I'm sorry I was gone for so long, (Y/n), I-" Herobrine entered the dining room with a faint smile...which suddenly dropped as he was held frozen in place. Standing dismayed, Hero's studying eyes widened at the sight of the very canvas you had been painting with such care and attention, now torn in half and thrown aside like trash. Like it, the paper over the table was also wrinkled and torn in some areas.

You were nowhere to be seen.

Herobrine tightened his shoulder guards, teleporting from the doors of one room to another to quickly peek inside. It didn't occur to him that you might just be in your own room until someone asked him what on earth he was doing searching through the dirty laundry within the cleaning room. It was out of that embarrassment that he quickly reassessed the situation and teleported to the doors of your room. Typically he never teleported like this, especially within the confines of his own home. When Hero knocked on your door, he rocked back and forth on his feet as he waited for an answer.

None came.

Unable to wait any longer, Hero barged through said doors, freezing, moreso in relief, when he saw you sitting on your bed. Your back was facing toward him, eyes staring ahead at the large window-like doors and balcony beyond. The large blanket from your bedding was draped over your hunched sitting form, only a few strands of (h/c) hair poking over it.

"..Whew... I was beginning to wonder.... (Y/n)..?" Hero began stepping toward you slowly. You sat completely still, unresponsive, as the man approached you with caution. Anxiety began to build again in his chest with your not so much as a flinch to the sound of his voice. When he finally did arrive at your right, that anxiety did not subside. Your dull (e/c) eyes stared blankly ahead at the greyish sky beyond, face void of emotion of any kind. Even as Hero waved a hand in front of your face, you did little more than blink. "..(Y/n)..?" Sadness entered Herobrine's already worrisome tone. He carefully sat beside you. He didn't quite know what to do, what to say, or if he should call in someone to help or not! He decided against wrapping an arm around you, since you never seemed to like that before. "What's wrong?"

You...were stuck. Sitting there on the bed, you barely had the mental capacity to process what was going on. Your eyes wandered in an aimless direction, resting firmly on a random object on the floor. Your limbs felt dead and numb, like somehow you had been turned into a puppet for someone else's amusement. Your hearing was dull and mind fuzzy, though, oddly enough, you could still process the world around you...though you had little to no understanding of how to react to it. All you really could compute was your desperation to end whatever this was, especially since Herobrine was now here. It was bad enough when it was just you, or the similar times in the past when Joa would catch you doing this!

Eventually, Herobrine wrapped an arm around your shoulder and pulled you in a little closer to himself. He genuinely had no idea what to do here... Joa typically just let you be.. maybe get you a glass of water for when you "returned" after a few minutes. You didn't blame Herobrine for his now definitely obvious worry, continuing to ask if you were okay and if you needed anything... He wasn't really helping by being here...

When you still weren't responding, Herobrine teleported away, likely to go get some help. In the time he was gone, you blinked a couple times, this time on command! The weight over your brain was finally lifted, and at last you were granted charge of your limbs again. Since the experience as a whole was a bit of a stressful one, you began by stretching your arms and legs. Then, you casually began cleaning your room as you had been doing before. Even your own mind always hated admitting those moments, so typically the first thing to do afterward was to continue as if nothing happened and hope to forget the experience.

"I-i-in here!" Herobrine lead a couple emergency doctors through the doors to the room, surprised yet again to see you standing, now so casually cleaning as if nothing had happened. The doctors froze as well, glancing between you and the king curiously. "(Y/n)! Thank Notch you are okay!!" Herobrine immediately envelopes you in a tight hug, which you had to with master skills pull your wings into the largest clump of blanket you had been dragging around hoping the cloth would at the very least mask the feeling of your wings. Thankfully...that worked. "What was that?! What happened?! Are you okay?!" A new wave of questions spilled from the king as he pulled himself away from you but continued to hold your shoulders tightly.