Part 3: He Has Chosen

(BIG shout-out to p0tat0-g0ddess  for the fan art! :D ..)

As you entered, you immediately slipped into the crowd. It was a lot easier to hide among the men than the women, since..you know..height. So there you stood awkwardly, pretending to be invested in a conversation about politics for over 15 minutes. After some time, however, you were tapped on the shoulder by Mrs. Pears and told to at least introduce yourself to the king. Your joints locked up at the mere thought. You had been purposefully trying to avoid looking at him at all. But, not wanting to stand out and be questioned, you shuffled out from your hiding place and glanced around the room for the man you had seen in photos many times before.

"Hey, (Y/n)!" Kim raced over to you. You leaned down a little to better hear her among the many. "Did you see how TALL that Herobrine guy is?! I NEVER would have thought he was like that from the photos!" This shook you to your core. Yeah, Kim was a mere 5' tall, but as you had seen, the typical 6'3 you hadn't phased her all that much. You mentally began preparing yourself for a behemoth of a man, capable of easily stripping the wings from a Falk within seconds. Kim stuck by your side as you ventured onward, simply because she believed in safety in numbers.

After a few minutes of quietly scoping the ball room out, at least looking for a good view of the king from a distance, Kim eep-ed from behind you, quickly tapping your hand. You spun around, eyes locking onto the top of a teal colored shirt. You took a step back immediately, bumping into Kim behind you. Before you DARED look up into this man's eyes, you scanned his outfit, especially for any weapons. This man had the STRANGEST looking outfit around! It was like he was deciding between dressing as a warrior, formally, or casually, and was just like, "frick this! I'm dressing as them ALL!" His casual part was just a basic teal blue t-shirt, which was tucked into more formal dress pants. Tyed loosely around his waste was the long sleeve white dressy shirt, and on his shoulders were a couple shoulder-guards latched on for good measure! It had been a long time since you had been around a man so tall, but here Herobrine was standing at a solid 7' tall. (Finally yall get your tall boi. XD)

In the end, you decided to treat him with the same respect Endermen typically receive, and simply avoided looking him in the eyes, which you were sure were his usual glowing solid white. Too crippled by fear to make any movement other than to hold your shaky hands, you just stood there uselessly. It was Kim to finally step from behind you with an awkward chuckle of her own.

"Heh-heh.. Hello, King Hero. We- we really are honored to b-e here with you today." Kim stuttered. You were looking down at the floor, but in the corner of your eye you could see the man's chin dip as he looked down at the shorter woman with a polite smile on his face.

"Hmf," came out a short, muffled chuckle. "Are you two the shy ones..? Heh. That is alright. There is a snack bar in that far corner I had set-up for anyone who might feel a little out of place in this party. Feel free to stay there the whole time if you like." He offered...kindly? This was the first time you ever heard this man's voice. You had expected something rough, sharp, and above all alse, dark, sending chills down the spines of anyone who heard. But, no...actually. Though deep, his voice was soft, calm, and surprisingly casual! Like you could actually imagine yourself having a simple conversation about the weather with a man possessing such a voice as his. However, his identity loomed, and the moment the escape was pointed out to you, you took your chance at an escape openly, quickly turning stiffly to the table, Kim politely waving a thanks behind you.

"Wow, I was NOT expecting you to freeze up like that!" Kim finally laughed once the two of you were out of hearing range. "And man he even looked tall compared to you! What a flex! I'll bet he was 7-foot at least! And that's also really strange because the only 7-foot tall guys I have ever seen were super skinny, but he actually looked properly proportioned, kinda like you. You know? With a bit of beef adding to it."