Part 5: Lies Break More Than Bones

(Just in case you're a little confused, I just combined chapters 1 and 2, so yeah. The numbers have been pushed back a little bit.)

-

-

It was evening already. You preferred just walking around the nearly empty halls, not having to talk to everyone. Indeed, the rest of the castle had a darker brick and wood scheme than the added-on ball room. The lanterns were all naturally lit by flame, most of the light coming in from the large windows lining the walls to the outside world. Beyond that...more city. Almost..endless city...

There was also this, strange, fortress feeling to the place. In some spaces along the wall it looked as if long ago there had been once been just thick stone, with small holes in it only large enough for arrows and spears to be sent through; distant corners which had once been filled with ammo, now holding crates for harmless items like food and blankets; and even entire rooms where once hundreds of soldiers had been bunked, now repurposed as storage space. Indeed, this castle of old was built for war. Now, the peaceful sky had sent the fortress into a lifelong hibernation. However still its hidden history loomed in your mind as you thought again and again about the purpose of it.

You hated its ever so living GUT. Though you knew it were no live beast...you wished you could slay it as one.. You wished to avenge your people; take back what was rightfully yours!-

"Didn't expect to see you here.." Spinning quickly on your heels, you saw a figure of a man. THE man, to be precise. Herobrine stood leaning against one of the dark oak pillars, staring out a window at the brown and grey city beyond. A huff left his mouth; a sigh of discontentment. "Listen, I'm sorry about what my mom has put you through... She had good intentions at heart, however, it didn't take her long to emotionally separate herself from your kind... It is a struggle to stay connected; that I can assure; but is still no excuse to see the mortals such as yourself as 'pawns'... And for that I understand there is little to defend her with."

"...What could POSSIBLY be in that diary of yours that would be so.. embarrassing.. for you? *Little gasp* Did you KILL someone?" You asked.

"I've killed many, remember.?" He stated, though, there was no pride, no joy, not one positive emotion in sight. In fact, his tone stooped to sound shameful, even. This interested you, for you had always imagined this man as a laughing maniac, who for decoration alone would hang the wings of Falks on the walls of his castle, gloating to all who saw about those "glory days." This was...unexpected..

"Yh.. yeahh?.." You did still tremble slightly at the reminder, though, having to remind yourself that this was, indeed, still the same one responsible for your kind's near extinction.

"Then sleep soundly knowing it wasn't something like that. Just...personal stuff...I would not prefer my people knowing about.." Again, his glowing gaze wandered to the window, staring aloof toward the horizon. The sun would be setting soon on the complete opposite side of the sky.

You stood stiffly in his presence, scratching at your own hand anxiously. When Herobrine appeared to lose interest in you, you ever so slightly bowed, turning to skip away.

"I know you lied to me." His voice clashed harshly into the back of your eardrum; your entire body froze, head completely sinking in-between your shoulders. You were too scared to turn and face him. Too terrified at the thought this might be your last moment alive.. "...You don't like rocks as much as you said you did.." For some reason the sound of his claim slipped out cooly; you could practically hear the smirk on his lips.

Then, you heard a step in your direction, followed by another, slower one. Shivers arose, bending your hairs from head to toe to stand up. Still you had little to no idea how Herobrine would react to even the littlest of attempts at deceit.