10. The Purple robes

Start from the beginning

Lan Wangji was updating the physician on his husband's injury while grandmaster Lan was checking Wei wuxian's pulse. But what he did not expect to find was a neck filled with mosquito bites. Since the mosquitoes are not found in Gusu, it was obvious who did it. The old Lan felt his blood pressure rise along with the blood on his throat. But he took a very deep breath and calmed down.

Lan wangji and the physician came closer to the bed and the physician lifted Wei wuxian's wrist to read his pulse. He was quite shocked to find a very calm pulse, it was as if he was not just stabbed by a soul sword. When he first checked his pulse he felt a huge amount of dark energy, he supposed Master Wei would have tried to defend himself from the attacker resulting in the resentful energy flowing through him.

But unless a person took the dark energy out from his body physically it wouldn't disappear this fast. He turned towards the second jade, "Second young master Lan, did you perhaps physically remove the resentful energy from him?" The younger jade was confused, why would one need to do so, he was not poisoned he was stabbed. There was no need for that. "No, is there something wrong?" 

Physician, "It's not bad, but it's still weird how the resentful energy which was in his body last night disappeared without a trace." As they were discussing Wei wuxian woke up, "Lan Zhan~" he sat up and looked at the visitors confused.

"Wei Ying! Are you okay?" Wei wuxian answered with a 'mn'. Just then there was another knock on the door, the jade opened the door to see his son and Jinling. They bowed to him, and he moved away giving them space to enter.

The two kids went towards the elders with the second jade following behind. They bowed to the elders and looked at Wei wuxian.

Wei wuxian, "Aiya, Stop looking at me like that. I am very fine. Look I can move my arm very well." To prove his point, he got out of bed and hugged his son and looked at his nephew, Jinling who was more like his other uncle did not appreciate it and took a step back.

"Jinling, come on~" Wei wuxian started chasing him as a result he ran through the room, eventually grandmaster Lan coughed a little indicating his nephew to control the situation.  The younger jade scooped his husband and placed him on the bed and Jinling came behind Lan Sizhui for protection.

The physician smiled at the scene in front of him, he once had an adorable family as well, but sadly they were all killed by Wen Chao. Luckily, he escaped with his youngest grandchild. 

Lan Qiren, "Since you are doing fine, we won't disturb you." Everyone other than the physician bowed to him, and the physician bowed to all the young masters and joined the Grandmaster. Outside the Jingshi, the physician bowed to grandmaster Lan and left.

Inside the Jingshi, Wei wuxian was having fun teasing Jinling. "Aiya, Jinling, if you are not here for me then who did you come to see?" Jinling thought for a while before replying, "None of your business." Wei wuxian laughed at him, his ears were red, and he was really controlling himself from twisting Wei wuxian's jaw.

Lan Sizhui, "Master Wei, are you really fine?" Sizhui looked at him very concerned, "Of course, should I hug you again?" When Wei wuxian asked that, he felt a slight nudge from his left side, his jealous husband was not very happy about that.

Wei wuxian, "Fine, let's go to the town. I heard the Commencing spring festival this year is going to be special." He looked around to see that no one liked his idea. But if he had to change their mind, he has to start with the small fish. 

He heavily sighed before lying back down, "I guess I will just rot in here. *Sigh* I thought we could all go together as a family, *sigh* I guess I did not consider if you would think of me as your family as well." He turned towards them and started crying crocodile tears. The jade knew it was just an act, but the other two did not.

Lan Sizhui, "Young master Wei, I have always considered you my family and I am more than happy to have you as my parent. Please don't cry." As Sizhui started crying, Jinling also started to tear up. Drove by emotions, Jinling ran to his uncle and hugged him. "Uncle Wei! I'm so sorry. Let's go to the town just as you wished." Wei wuxian was quite shocked but he still accepted the hug. He looked at Sizhui after which he joined them in the hug as well.

Then he looked at his husband for a change of mind. And he did find that. Lan wangji nodded of approval. After some time, they separated with a happy Wei wuxian. They all went to their rooms to get ready for visiting the town.

 Lan wangji went outside the Jingshi to talk to the disciples about the Jiang cheng ban, he also sent a few disciples to check for a snake like monster in the area they found his husband. After making sure that everyone understood the Jiang cheng ban he went to the Hanshi to take a look at his brother. But when he knocked on the door, he only heard shuffling. Even after waiting for 15mins, the door did not open.

In Caiyi Town,

 The Lan disciples took a tour around the town spreading the news about the ban. Just then, they had a glimpse of purple robes. They started calling out to the person, but he mysteriously disappeared. Most of them went to Cloud Recess to report to the Second Jade, leaving a few behind in case they see him again.