"I'm going to the fanclub meeting."

"Fanclub meeting?"

I nodded at her. "Yes. I'm part of a nice fanclub here."

"I see... what kind of Fanclub is it?"

Why is she interested? Wait, is she also part of a Fanclub?

"The Rose Oriana Commemoration Community!"

She blinks her eyes at that as she stares at me. "You like the foreign princess?" I nodded at her. "Hmm... well, I think that fits..." I heard her mutter. "Then I won't bother you that much..." She looks a bit down before quickly looking bright as she grasps my hands. "But can we go somewhere after your done with your things? I am really looking forward to talking with you!"

Looking forward? Why? I'm just an unassuming low noble! Is it because we we're both low nobles?

Now that I think about it, she still sends some letters to me. Though I opted to ignore it or reply in it in a half-assed way. I still make sure it's properly written, though I make it short so it didn't get in the way of my training.

I still do my training occasionally when I have the time. I want to surpass nuclear power after all!

Anyway, what should I do? Her eyes are boring into me, and I have an inkling she won't leave me alone if I say no...

"Okay..." I held back the urge to sigh as I answered her.

Her face looking bright is obvious as she leaves me alone with peppy steps. She waves her hands at me as she says "I'll be waiting for you at the courtyard then!~" and she is all smiles.

Hmm... well, I'll think about this after I am done acting my part as a mob.

_______________________________________

'I am glad she is looking a bit brighter now." Claire thought to herself as she looks at Arisa who is eating the cake with gusto.

The two of them are in a cafe located near the school. The sun is already setting so they only have a short time before the curfew.

Claire has been worried at her since she learned that she is attending the school. She really thought her parents won't even allow it despite it being mandated by the Crown themselves.

Arisa is still looking distant, though her facial expressions are a lot softer than when she first saw her. She thinks it might have to do with her joining multiple fanclubs.

She knows. Actually, everyone knows she is part of multiple fanclubs.

It's impossible not to notice the girl when she is so frail-looking that it gives the illusion that a wind might sweep her away.

Though it seems like Arisa is fine being alone, it feels very sad seeing her looking awkward when talking to the others. She have heard some of her activities, and how she was on her earlier days on this school. How she was really shy of talking to everyone, and always vanishes whenever no one is looking.

She is somewhat known to a few people. Claire is one as she always tracks what's happening to her. This is the girl who she saved, and also the reason why she even got the strength to continue on living.

'Still... I really hope she says something about this on her letters...' That's the only thing that make her a bit dissatisfied.

Arisa always told her that she is fine, and she is doing good on her academics. Though Claire is not an idiot. Along with tracking some of her activities, she also notices the way her replies are becoming shorter on their letters.

Claire thinks she understood. She is Arisa's first friend after all, so it is natural for her to have a gauge of her thoughts.

And she thinks she might be feeling guilty.

The day her letters has become shorter is the same day she joined multiple fanclubs.

'She might be feeling guilty...' She thought to herself with a grimace.

It is why she is acting like she doesn't know, because she didn't want the girl to suddenly become more depressed.

Arisa might be thinking that she is betraying her because she finds someone she admires a lot. Claire actually wants to encourage her to do more of it.

'If she finds more people to befriend with, I think she might soon open up to a lot more...' That's what Claire actually wanted.

She even have an inkling why she was joining multiple fanclubs. Arisa might want to befriend the very people those fanclub are admiring. She can understand that. She also want to support that.

She didn't want to see that despair-filled expression she have when she first saw her. Just the reminder alone makes her heart clench in pain.

"Hm... there's still some crumbs on your cheek..." Claire chuckled as she reaches out and rub the cake crumb from the side of Arisa's lips.

Arisa just looks at her with a surprised look but she didn't say anything and continue eating once more. It makes her smile wryly at her friend's antics.

'This side of her is cute too~' She thought, feeling amused at the unlady-like way of her habits when eating.

She is glad that she gets to talk and bond with her. Though she hopes she gets to see her other expressions.

_______________________________________

Mhm~ That was such a treat!~

I don't know what's with Claire, but she saved me there. I thought I will be eating cheap food at the cafeteria again.

The fanclub meeting unfortunately didn't have any free food today. It happens, though it was such a downer that I am really grateful for Claire.

Hmm... a familiar presence...?

"What is it, Beta?"

I am in an alleyway which I always used as a shortcut to the apartment I have rented. Behind me, Beta appears through the dark shade of the walls.

"I've come here to report, Lady Shadow!"

"Speak."

I am happy that she is in the mood to play right now, but I am actually in a hurry here. The doors to the apartment will close soon, and I will have to sneak on the window to get inside.

"We found out one of the people associated with Alexia Midgar is a part of the cult."

Huh... they found the last boss?

"Hm. I'm listening."

Now this is getting interesting!~