Chapter Three

_*_*_Chapter Three_*_*_

My head was pounding like someone was whacking it with a small but heavy hammer. I heard mumbles but nothing really registered but the fuzziness inside my head. What happened? Where am I? And more importantly where's Lexi? Is she hurt? I moved my arm only to find my arms were restrained behind my back and my feet where tied together. I opened my eyes slowly scared of what I might see, to be greeted with the fuzzy insides of a car boot.

I turned my head slowly, which hurt like hell. What was on that cloth!? My vision was blurred as I looked around the cramped surroundings of my foster mother's boot. What on earth was I doing in her boot?! When I looked around I saw a small shine behind my foot as the sunlight shone in from a crack in the walls of the boot. I saw a small shimmer coming from a small piece of metal no bigger than my palm. I kicked it up to the back of my body in hopes I could grab it in my hands and cut the ropes cutting off limit to my hands and feet. I felt the release of the ropes snapping around my hands.My plan was to  hide it and surprise attack my kidnappers then run like the devil himself were chasing me. The metal felt cold in my hands as I picked up the small object. After I shimmied the small object into my pant pocket the small bumps in the road slowly lulled me to sleep.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

I opened my eyes as I felt the car roll to a stop and my kidnappers come and fiddle with the boot trying to get it open. At those noises I grabbed My sharp object in my hands ready for attack. When the boot popped open I lunged at the hand reaching in and heard a very feminine scream. I took that as my chance to run. As soon as my feet hit the asphalt I ran. The wind rushing past my ears must have blocked out any approaching foot steps as a cool arm slipped around my waist and a hand slip over my mouth quietening my screams of protest.

"Shhhhh... If you scream to loud the cops might come and break up my little... so to say 'Sale'" said the deep ragged voice that haunts my nightmares after my dreams. I turned around with unshed tears in my eyes to face my fears. Alcohol ridden breath smothered my face as I faced Bruce.

This had to be a dream. A very bad dream!

"B-Bruce?" I stammered out. He pushed me to the ground in front of Julie.

"How dare you talk to me without permission!" He screamed at my face. Julie stepped in front of me. "Bruce we don't want to be selling damaged goods would we?" She said calmly like she was talking about the sudden change in weather.

Another car pulled up next to the car I arrived in. Out stepped a frail little figure and a big man. I was forced off the ground and over to the small figure, which I could now see was a small girl with blond hair but her face was hidden behind her hair. She was sobbing loudly saying one word over and over but I couldn't quite hear exactly what she was saying it sounded like... Pear.. Or ... Lair.

"CLAIRE!" She yelled in the midst of her sobbing.

How does this little girl know my name?! I thought to myself. The gears started moving in my head as I pieced it together.

"Lexi?! What are you doing here?!" I yelled.

"You leave her out of whatever you're planning!" I was crying by now. I had stuck by Lexi and now she was here with Bruce. I would not let him hurt her like he did, me. I wrapped her up in my arms and begged.

"Please just leave her alone whatever your planing just leave her out of it!" Bruce picked me up and slapped me before throwing me back to the ground. My cheek burned from where his clammy hand connected with my face.

Two rough hands grabbed my arms and put a cloth over my mouth. I held my breath until my throat burned and I just had to breathe. The last thing I heard before blacking out was my baby sister screaming. and with that I left the world for my wonderful dreamless, painless sleep.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

I woke up with a bundle in my arms and a pounding head-ache. I wrapped my arms around the bundle in my arms. Then the strangest thing happened it- What i thought was a pillow- Moved causing me to scream.

A rough hand grabbed my arm and jerked me to my feet. I opened my eyes and saw that I was asleep holding Lexi and she squirmed in her sleep.

"Oh Lexi, Buba I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" I tried to move to comfort her before she started crying but was stopped by the iron-like gripp around my arms.

A bald man picked up Lexi by her waist and hoisted her over his shoulder, like a sack of potatoes.

We where carried into a room that looked like the place models go through before actually walking out onto the cat walk. Everywhere I turned there was someone being pampered but they all looked like they had seen a ghost.

We we're coated in make-up to cover up any blemishes, scratches or bruises. He handed me a red dress that clings to my curves and then pushed me into a changing room the size of a closet. When I finished dressing I heard a quick knock on the door then the door opened and I was grabbed roughly and yanked out of the closet/change room. I was pushed into a waiting room full of crying girls including Lexi who sat in the corner in a little pink puffy dress. A number stamped on her arm. I ran over to her and picked her up and cuddled her close to my chest. A boy around my age walked by us with a sympathetic look on his face.

He walked up to us and then looked at her number. After he looked us over and he stamped a number on my arm. I looked at the number and looked back at the boy only to find him on the other side of the room.

15? Why did I have the same number as Lexi? What are these numbers even for?

"NUMBER 13 OUT ON STAGE!" Boomed the box on the side of the room. A girl with the number 13 stamped on her arm stood up and walked shakily over to the red curtain. When she walked through the curtains I heard a bunch of hollering. Then a bunch of random numbers going up with each shout.

Two more girls left the room and we were next. "NUMBER 15 OUT ON STAGE!" I stood up carrying a sleeping Lexi in my arms.

We walked out onto a stage and a man announced our names hair colour and something about a two for one sale. A bunch of numbers were called out and right before the man called out sold a man in the shadows called out.

"$1,000,000!" Yelled the smoothest voice I've ever heard.

"Sold to the Prince of Blood!"

________________

I'm really bummed with this chapter so please comment your opinions. It would make my day if I got at least 1 positive comment from people on wattpad :) I didn't know how to explain Lexi's dress so there is a photo up on the side :)

-SugarCube_15