Chapter 1

_*_*_Chapter One_*_*_

 Photo of Lexi to the side. :)

I woke up cold and hungry. Not for the first time. I have lived on the streets for around about 3 years. It's not so bad considering I have my family with me... well what's left of it anyway. My family is... let's just say cracked at the moment. Mum and dad are somewhere out in the world. The foster agency told us there dead but I know they aren't. I can feel it I don't know how but I can just feel it.

The only family I have is my baby sister, Lexi or Lex as she prefers and my big brother Leo who's turning 18 in a couple of days. My family has all blonds bar Leo who had jet black hair and bright green eyes. His eyes have girls swooning being solid green with flecks of blue that stand out when he's angry or happy. Lex's eyes are a beautiful bright blue with specks of dark blue. Her eyes match her personal style. She has the perfect blond pigtails in the old hair-ties that have been broken and re-tied to many times for a four year old's hair. Sometimes I feel sorry for her. She doesn't deserve this life. She is just a ball of kindness and love.

I opened my eyes to a blinding light of the lamp post above me and a freezing chill. Leo's arms tightened around me obviously sensing my discomfort. Lex squirmed in my arms and I could tell she was having a bad dream because she turned into my chest and my top started to feel damp from tears.A couple of seconds later she started screaming.I wrapped her up in my arms and cuddled her closer.

She woke up with a start and turned to me with tears in her eyes. She put her face into my shirt and cried for about fifteen minutes. When the tears finally started to dry I cuddled her closer trying to soothe her. When I was her age I had the same dreams and so did Leo. I guess it's just a family related thing. 

The dreams are like two long icicles being pushed into your leg and then an evil monster jumps out and takes you to what we both assumed was hell. It had dirt floors and big clumps of flying dirt that have lava spilling down the sides in a steady stream landing in a puddle on the floor. Te monster stabs you a knife the you lie there in 'hell' bleeding to death.

Being four it's a very scary dream and whenever she woke up from it she cried for fifteen to twenty minutes and I was always there for her as Leo slept. I felt sorry for him so I didn't bother to wake him. He got us food and clean water and he tried so hard to protect us from the evil in the world.

I got up from the bench and carried Lex over to our secret food stash hidden in a hole underneath a dumpster. I grabbed her out a half eaten bananah and gave it to her she ate it greedily.

"Claire?" She asked in a small voice.

"Yea Lexi?" I replied with equal smallness in my voice.

"When are we gunna find mummy? Cuz, I 'm hungry and I want to go home to mummy so she can cook us dinner again." She sobbed quietly

"Lex... I... I don't know. To be truthful I don't know, But we will find her... and dad. Then we can be one big happy family. We might even be able to get a kitty just for you." At this she perked up.

"Can I name it all by myself?" She asked cutely.

"Sure Lex. Your kitten, Your name."

I put the trash can back in place and pulled Lex into my arms just as Leo started to stur.

"Claire? Claire?!" He called out like he did every morning that he woke up when I wasn't next to him.

"Leo calm down, you're scaring Lex.!" I said in a harsh whisper.

After a couple of minutes he came over to us and picked us both up. Then he put us on his lap wile he sat on the bench. Right at that moment two lights appearing in the distance. At first I thought it was two house lights turing on in a window but the lights started getting bigger and soon enough I could see a van.

"Leo! LEO!" I shouted once I notice the van stopping right across the road from our park. I looked at the side of the van and I all but shoved Leo off the bench. "LEO!! They've come for us!" I yelled in a harsh whisper. "What are you talking about claire?!"

"The foster agency Leo!"

_________________

I tried to make this long but I gave up here. Trust me I'm going to try my hardest to update quicker but I'm not making any promises.

Please

-Comment

-Vote And;

-Fan!!!

<3<3<3<3<3

-SugarCube_15