Chapter Two

_*_*_Chapter Two_*_*_

I woke up to the sound of an annoying beeping that was constant. At first I thought it was a phone or something but as I made the slow trip into consciousness I noticed my new foster mum must have set an alarm on the alarm clock sitting next to my head. My arm felt like it had a dead elephant carcase sitting on it as I lifted it to turnoff the annoying beeping that stole my dreams from me.

My dreams were the only time a was able to see my mum and dad. I always dreamed of them no. Matter. What. If I lost them in my dreams I lost my only connection to them. I remember my mother calling us to dinner that night when Lex was just born. We sat around the dining table and ate our corn meat with salad together laughing and getting along like we did every night. when all of a sudden we heard a large BANG! come from the room the baby was in so Mum and Dad told us to stay put. Being the good kids we were we stayed. That was the last time I saw my parents other than in my dreams.

I got up out of bed and padded to my en-suite. I looked into the mirror and grabbed my brush.

"Naw my little sisters finally growing up into a lady!" Enthused Leo from the doorway." As soon as I heard his voice I dropped my brush on my foot and swore under my breathe.

"HAVENT YOU HEARD OF KNOCKING?!" I yelled at him wile picking up my brush. "you scared the crap out of me!" I scolded him.

"I was just checking how you were doing. Lex is scared she doesn't trust the new 'mum'" He said with air quotations." I was hoping you could calm her down and get her to eat the scrambled eggs she was made."

I finished brushing my hair and put it up in a high pony tail with my new hair band. Even though I didn't trust my new mum, I had to admit it was nice to have things like a bed and a constant food source. Lexi has toys and a friend to play with but she didn't talk to him as much as he wanted. I kinda feel sorry for him he's three turning four soon. He had dark brown eyes that reminded me of chocloate.His name was bradely pronounced brad-elli.

I was walking down the hall way to the stairs when an intense burning rang through my throat and my knees gave way as I fell to the ground and curled in on myself. It felt as though someone had stuck a hot branding iron down my throat. I felt two strong, warm arms wrapping around my torso. I heard someone calling my name but it sounded distant and echo-ie. The person obviously male was talking to me something about my eyes being open or something but I wansn't listening anymore. I welcomed the darkness surrounding my vision.

_*_*_*_*_*_

I woke up with two arms wrapped protectively around my waist and hot breathing down my neck. I snuggled into the warmth of the persons chest and sighed in content. The body next to me stirred and held me closer to their chest. They smelled like watermelon sour lollies and mint, an odd mix but somehow perfect together. I wrapped my arms around my mysterious pillow person.

"Hey Char are you awake?" I sturred slightly and tightened my grip on my pillow person who just happened to be my big brother.

 "Leo?" I mumbled " What are you doing in my bed?" I asked still half in a daze.

"Claire your in my bed. Are you OK you were lying on the floor screaming clawing at your throat like there was a monster in it." He said with concern lacing his voice.Then it all came back to me the searing pain the darkness. Did I pass out? What was that? All these questions racing through my head at once. What was happening to me? Was I slowly dieing?

As if sensing my discomfort Leo hugged my tighter stroking my hair as silent tears ran down my cheek. He cooed soothing in my ears wile I cried into his shirt. Why? I don't know I just couldn't stop the stream of tears slipping out of my eyes. After a wile I moved out of his grip.

"Where's Lex?" I asked concerned for her. What if she saw me pass out of heard my screaming? Why isn't she here with me?

"I want my baby girl!" I yelled at him before he got a chance to answer my question. I got up, wobbled on my feet a bit before racing out of Leo's bedroom and into Lexi's. She was sitting with Bradely playing tea-parties.

"Oh my god! You're ok Lexi I was so worried!" I picked her up and cuddled her closely to my chest. when I pulled her away I saw her scared eyes darting between mine.

"Lexi whats wrong?" I asked her.

"You're. Hurting. Me." She puffed out. At that Leo came in and took Lexi off me before I fell to the floor crying. I got up and ran out the door and into my bathroom with speed I didn't know I possessed. I locked the door wanting to be alone.

"Claire open the door right now your unstable somethings happening to you I can't explain it right now but if you don't calm down you could fall very sick." Called Leo through the door.

I opened the window and jumped onto the tree next to the house. I swung onto a lower branch and landed gracefully on the ground.

As soon as my feet touched the ground I was grabbed roughly around my torso and blind folded the mysterious person put a cloth over my mouth and I breathed in the fumes. My vision blotted and soon enough I fell into a bliss-full sleep.

_______________

Please like, comment and vote to tell me what you think.

This was sorta a filler up until the end but it will all make sense soon and by now I'm guessing most of you know something about Claire she doesn't even know. :) I'm kinda bummed about this chapter and I would LOVE to know what you guise think :) so please comment your comments.

 -SugarCube_15