Chapter VIII: Act XII

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the two suspicious men walked up to the group of four.

"Hey, have you four seen a brown-haired girl wearing a purple top and a long blue dress? We're lookin' for her," the first man asked.

"Did she have bandages wrapped around her wrists?" Paimon questioned.

The first man nodded. "Yes, that's her! Did you see which direction she went?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah, she went that way!" Paimon answered pointing in the wrong direction.

"Quick! After her!"

The group watched as the men rushed by, going in the direction that Paimon told them.

The said girl giggled. "Hehe, that should keep 'em busy for a while. Let's hurry and find Dunyarzad!" Paimon declared.

✧˖*°࿐

"There you are, Dunyarzad! We thought you might've been long gone by now," Paimon exclaimed as she, (Y/n), (F/n), and Aether found the missing female they were after.

Dunyarzad jumped in surprise before quickly turning to the group. "Ah! It's you four. You startled me there," she states.

Paimon smiled brightly as she placed her hands on her waist. "You can relax now, we threw those people looking for you off the trail," she replied.

A look of surprise and relief went across Dunyarzad's face. "Really? Oh, thank you so much! Unfortunately, I believe there are still more of them out there looking for me," she says before taking notice of more eremites nearby, "Uh oh, looks like there are some coming this way..."

"Huh!? More of them!? Then what are we standing here for? Run!" Paimon exclaimed.

Dunyarzad shook her head. "No, wait... I, uh... My body isn't in the best shape. It's difficult for me to run," she states.

Aether gave a questioning look. "How about we find someplace to hide?" He asked.

Dunyarzad nodded her head in agreement. "Okay, sounds good. There's a tavern on the other side of the port that we can go to. They probably wouldn't expect me to hide in a place like that," she agreed.

"Alright, let's move out. Stay behind us, we'll keep an eye out for anyone looking for you," Paimon retorted.

✧˖*°࿐

(F/n) could be skipping into the tavern, their mouth watering at the delicious scent of pudding that wafted in the air.

(Y/n) sweatdropped at the teenager, but didn't say anything.

Dunyarzad released a heavy sigh of relief from her lips. "Whew, we made it. They shouldn't be able to find us now... Wait, stand down! Dehya!" Dunyarzad exclaimed.

Aether looked over his shoulder and took notice of a pair of metallic claws pointing at the back of his head.

(F/n) immediately perked up when they saw the female.

'WAH! She's here, she's really here!' (F/n) thought in pure excitement.

Paimon stared in surprise.

Dehya mumbled something under her breath as she dropped her hand to her side and walked in front of the group of four.

"My lady, who are these four?" Dehya asked rudely.

Dunyarzad sent a reassuring smile. "They're travelers that I met on the street just a moment ago. They happened to notice that you all were searching for me, so they helped me hide," she answered.

Dehya raised a brow as she narrowed her eyes at Aether and Paimon.

(F/n) tilted their head in confusion, wondering why Dehya wasn't glaring at them and (Y/n) before deciding to shrug it off.