Chapter Thirty-Four

Mick and I danced throughout the song, especially everyone who got up to sing to the tune. We twirled one another around, got on top of a sofa to yell out the lyrics, and might've taken one's cup of alcohol from their grip. Once the song ended, Mick took me off the sofa, hopping out, and giving me a quick kiss on the cheek while no one saw.

He placed me down and told me he's going to talk with Derek for a while. As he left, I walked over to where Reggie is at, finding him asleep while Hallie sat beside, ruffling his head. "Hey Hal." Her head lifts up, facing me. A smile forms on her lips. "Hi N/n."

"Reggie fell asleep quickly, didn't he?"

"Yeah," She chuckles, looking down at him. "What happened?"

"The usual as any other party, low alcohol tolerance."

"Classic Reg. Why does he still drink?"

"No clue. He's been doing it ever since he found out about his tolerance."

"I just wanna feel the adrenaline..."

Both our eyes move to Reggie, slightly awake yet still drunk.

"C'mon Reg, it's not good."

"It's. My. Life."

"Well I can't disagree with you on that if you're going to sing one of Jon Bon Jovi's songs." I let out a shrug as Hallie spills out a chuckle. She stops and looks around at the party. "I thought Mick is waiting for you or something?"

"He told me he's talking to Derek. Where's Sid by the way?"

"Bathroom. Randy and Joel are talking to each other at the kitchen where the drinks are." Looking behind shows the two drinking and talking. "Oh, I see. I'm suddenly in the mood to grab a beer-"

"Why not try tequila?"

"Why tequila?"

"Reg told me you only drink beer at parties."

"Seriously Reggie?" He shrugs and passes out on the sofa again. "Are you sure he didn't take two glasses of tequila? He seems blackout drunk." Hal and I laughed a bit before she continued. "But seriously, try something new." I look around thinking whether or not I should try. Hell, it's college, why not?

"I guess. You're coming along though."

"Alright then, but who's going to watch Reggie?"

"I got that covered." A familiar voice hits. We turn around, seeing Paul.

"Hey Paul. Did you just arrive?"

"Yeah, I was just picking someone up from a different location before heading here with them. While you two get a drink, I'll watch him."

"Thanks man, you're the best!" I point out a finger to him, smiling before Hallie and I turned around to grab a drink.

"Hey, hey, look who's here?" Randy smiles at me while Hal and I arrive. "You gonna try something new for a change?"

"They most certainly are. Get them tequila."

As Randy nods, him and Joel turn around to create a drink for me. The two turn back around with a tall glass full. "It's not just tequila, right?"

"Oh, no. It's bad to drink just tequila. We filled up some Surge half-way before pouring the liquor down."

"Who bought Surge?"

"The one and only." Joel points a thumb at him as he feels proud of being the only one bringing Surge into the sorority house. Hallie takes the cup from Joel's grip, now handing it to me. "Try it!" She's feeling amped up about this. If she's amped, then it's probably going to be good then. I take a sip of the drink, feel the tingling sensation of tequila running down my throat with a hint of the soda both Joel and Randy added to.

"This is actually good!" Once I told them my reaction, I chugged down the whole cup, slamming the tall glass on the table.

"Wow!" Hallie looked surprised to the fact I just drank a tall glass cup under three seconds. She applauds and wipes a fake tear from her left eye. "They grow up so fast."

"You're very expressive, aren't you Hal?"

"You know I am, N/n." I let out a laugh and asked Randy if he could make me another glass of the drink. "You seem to enjoy it."

"It was actually good."

"Surge goes well with anything, I'll tell you that."

"You're definitely not wrong, Joel."

Randy turned around, revealing another cup of the same drink before passing it down to me. I took the cup and began to take a sip of the beverage.

An hour of talking and drinking passed by. Looking around the place, many people were becoming drunk and started singing to any song that came blasting to the radio. One from Theatre started singing Nice Guys Finish Last by Green Day. I'm not surprised, he's been talking about that band ever since. After singing the verse, 'I'm so fucking happy I could cry', he began crying. "Now I know one is drunk when I see it." I took another sip of my drink while watching everyone else sing.

After about ten more minutes, the alcohol started to hit. Hallie seems to notice while I continue to take a sip of my drink, the tenth of the exact drink I first had.

"N/n, I think you should cut off the drink."

"Huh...what?"

Randy walks back. "It's happening."

"Are you saying this happened more than once?"

"No, Hal, but I know something is about to happen."

"Huh, true. We should take them to Mi-where did they go?"

I began to feel the alcohol kick in the system to which I almost fell down while walking my way towards Mick.

Mick
I'm just minding my own business around the backyard after Derek left with Sid. I feel some heavy pressure on my back and when I turn around, there appears Y/n. They seem drunk all of a sudden.

"Hey [hiccup] Mick." They begin to giggle uncontrollably. Oh god, they're drunk.

"Hey N/n." I gave them a smile and wrapped my arm around them to pull them closer. "You're pretty drunk all of a sudden."

"Randy and Joel both [hiccup] gave me a tall glass of tequila for the first time with Surge and woop-woop! I issss drunk."

"I'm not surprised."

"Fuck you, Reggie."

"I'm not Reggie. You literally said my name."

"Oh, yeah..." I chuckled for a bit before planting a kiss on their head, picking them up while I take them with Reggie. He's still pretty drunk himself. I felt Y/n's hand on my shoulder as she leans down, trailing kisses on my neck. I'm glad neither of the gang is seeing this. Luckily, I can sit Y/n down with Reg on an empty space on the sofa. As I walk down to put them into rest, a hand touches my arm. "Hey...how's Y/n doing?" Reggie lets out a yawn.

"They're pretty drunk right now. They had one too many glasses of tequila."

"Who the hell gave them tequila?"

"From what they told me, Randy and Joel."

"They grow up so fast." Him and I chuckle for a bit as Reggie pulls them closer into a hug. I love their sibling bond they have. It's just like my little brother and I. Once the two rest, I walk over to Hallie, Joel, and Randy.

Y/n
I could still hear music blasting on the speakers and people talking. Once I barely open my eyes, I spot Reggie with his arm around me. I smile at him and laid my eyes back down, sleeping.

Music started fading a bit, ringing became a little louder. A pair of arms came underneath me, taking me from the sofa. I'm assuming it's Mick, so I wrapped both my arms around his neck. The noise soon fully settled, leaving the room empty. He places me down onto a bed. I felt his lips touch mine as I happily kissed back. "Man, I love you." I left out a chuckle after we parted and place my hands on his face, cupping each cheek. Once I bare open my eyes, I look at him.

Just to see, that's not Mick.

"Ryan?" A smile forms on his face.

"Hi there."