"He makes me feel at peace." Being open and talking about Elijah was something unusual, I wasn't familiar with being open about my feelings but talking about him makes everything seem so natural and right.

"You love him a lot, don't you?" A hint of a smirk yet a polite smile crosses her face and I feel my cheeks heat up just by talking about him.

"I've never loved someone like I have with Elijah in my entire life. The way he makes me feel is something magical like I'm taken away from this world and we're in our own world, he makes me forget that we're being faced with troubles and he's the one to give me hope. I feel...I feel so complete with him."

Tears prick in the back of my eyes as I talk about him, and I never thought talking about someone would make me feel so emotional. It feels like a huge weight has lifted off my chest but at the same time, I feel like someone's still stopping me to breathe.

"You two belong with each other."

"Thank you, Aurelia." Aurelia giving me reassurance was something that I needed. To have her in my life as someone that I can be open with makes me feel worth living. She may not know everything but her sticking with me is enough.

"Elijah is lucky to have you as his and Dalia is extra lucky to be calling you mommy." Hearing about it sounds like we're a little family—maybe we were, and it feels right. Elijah could never ask me to marry him, but we'd still be a family because in the end, it's our love that counts, it's our bond that binds us together.

"I want them to live happily. I want them to have no worries in their lives and it's up to me to give it to them."

"And you will, you're almost there," Hugging her one more time, I knew that I couldn't give up now because if I did, I would lose everything for Elijah, "And I'm going to be here all the way to help you win this."

"Is this the right time than to promote you to be my partner? I don't think I could do any of this without you and so I want you to join me afterwards. Only if you want." Gulping, I wasn't sure what she was going to say—I would understand if she said no to joining me, especially after all this danger I went through.

"Yes, without a doubt. Yes, I'll be your partner, you have my full support, Scarlett." It doesn't take her a minute to give me an answer, a smile sweeps on my face as I hear the word 'yes' come out of her mouth.

"Are you sure? I don't want to make it seem like I'm—"

"I'd do anything to be part of your firm, Scarlett," She cuts me off, smiling as she pulls me into a warm hug, "Thank you for this opportunity. I wouldn't be here without you either." She almost chokes on her words with tears, but I knew she didn't want to me to see her cry.

"We got this together. We do this together, Aurelia, I promise." She says I'm lucky to have Elijah and Dalia but what she doesn't know is that I also feel lucky to have her in my life. Being bought up alone, I've never had 'friends' or a 'best friend', I've always been alone and now that Aurelia is part of my life, my heart feels full because of this overwhelming feeling calling love.

'Together."

And after such a long time, I never have felt so ready to win.

----

Spending the rest of my evening with my mother was usual for me and now that I have Dalia with me—a daughter—it feels so different. Dalia was eating her dinner whilst I was making sure my mother had her medicine fed into her tube.

A nurse was supposed to come and visit to change her drip but apparently, she was running late. Pushing my mother's hair aside, I press a small kiss on her forehead—wishing that she was the one giving me the kiss.