𝟐𝟖

It's so strange how someone you care about so deeply has changed your emotions towards them, how quickly that love I had for a brother, but it's turned into hatred and now it's making me question everything

It's so strange how someone you care about so deeply has changed your emotions towards them, how quickly that love I had for a brother, but it's turned into hatred and now it's making me question everything. He fell into the wrong path, and I was the fool all along, I was let into a pool of betrayal and now I realised that he was there. There for what happened that night, for when the arrangement happened, he knew Amira before he knew me.

It all made sense now why he got close to me. He played me to get revenge and now that he has my girls in his hands with William, he thinks he'll hurt me even more. I've spent the last five hours trying to track their location, but they've played it smart enough that I can't track them down.

Pacing around the room that I brought Scarlett's mother to, I can't help but think of the worse—if Scarlett's hurt and if she is, how will her mother react to it? I have some of my guys looking into the location, I couldn't be a part of it anymore because it was messing with me and the constant thought of Dalia popping into my head sends me to suffocation.

"S-Scarlett?" Halting in seconds, I hear an unknown voice, one that was so cracked and as I turn around, I see Scarlett's mother waking up. Walking towards her, and her eyes land on me and I was surprised she didn't act scared.

"Ms Ester, you're probably confused right now but—"

"You're the one, aren't you?" Tilting my head to the side, I was getting confused now with what she was saying but seeing a smile grow on her face, it looked like it was something good.

"Sorry what?" Asking her, she faintly points towards the chair beside the bed, motioning me to sit there. I knew she couldn't move but her eyes move to the side, staring at me as if she was reading me like a book.

"You're the one that's got my daughter in love?" I managed to understand what she was saying through her broken and stuttered voice, my breath hitches because I didn't know that Scarlett was in love.

"I—I guess so." I didn't know what to say, this was the first time I was hearing about it and knowing that she feels that way about me gives me more reasons to love her back. Looking at the smile on Scarlett's mother, I believe that she thinks Scarlett made the right decision of being with me.

"She a-always tells me something about y-you. It's E-Elijah, right?" I shake my head to say yes, I was so tongue tied with the thought of Scarlett loving me because no one loves me like that, and I always believed that no one would. "Where is s-she?" The question I've been dreading to answer and right now, I couldn't face her.

Looking down at the ground, I clear my throat to find the words to say, my heart thuds slow like everything was constricted, "She's kidnapped along with my daughter." Saying that out louder was harder than I thought it would be.

"What? W-Who kidnapped them?" I could already see the distress in her eyes, her lips trembling, so close to crying but the moment I squeeze her hand, she takes a deep breath.