lost

Nigeria🇳🇬

"Basma wake up and fasten your sit belt we are in Nigeria" said the pretty 18 year old fateemah. The girl she called basma quickly opened her cute sleepy eyes and fasten her sit belt.
The pilot announced their arrival after their plane landed.
×××××××
"Fateemah laa,abbii ya fateemah alma' yatadafaq maeaha "(Dad fateemah the water is flowing with her). Cried 14 year old basma.
Their Dad went dashing but she has already drowned and the waves had took her far.

Sometimes before.......
"Abhii ana 'urid 'an 'adhhab 'iilaa alshaati" ( Dad I want to go to the beach ) mumbled the small affan who is only 6 years old in his thick Arabic accent.
"Mee too" halima joined.
"Okay okay dears we are in Lagos remember we have to go to the beach.
So all of you change quickly and make sure the girls you dress modest Okay", said Uthman Malik who is their father.
Fauziyya who is their mother helped affan and Farhah who is three years older than him get ready.
They entered the taxi and headed to bar beach of Lagos.
Their Father and mother were sitting on a mat chatting,
affan and Farhah were building sand castles, halima and Jafar were looking for seashells while fateemah and basma were playing in the water. "Basma let's see more of the water" said fateemah." No I'm scared she" replied.
"I will be watching you from here". She added.
Fateemah was swimming happily in the water because she started taking swimming lessons back in Abu Dhabi, but she went too far for her to handle .
as it got strong the waves started dragging her quickly and she started drowning.
She couldn't call for help and basma didn't notice untill she managed to call on basma.
Basma got scared and called out to their father.

Present..
He jumped into the water calling out her name but she is no where to be seen.
He called the police station and they came with the navy officers. 
they searched for her while her mom and her siblings kept crying.
Their father who was tensed could not do anything.
"Ya Fateemah!". Halima, Jafar and Farhah cried out.
They didn't get back to the hotel untill 1:00 am.
They didn't find her.
All they did was pray and pray for her. The most touched after their mom is basma.
She never had a best friend other than her sister they do everything together.
After 3 days of fateemah being missing under the water they assumed she is dead because no one will drown and be alive after 72 hours.
Uthman didn't even attend the meeting he came to Nigeria for . He called them and informed them about the situation he is in.
And they all sympathize and pray for her. 
  they packed and went back to Abu Dhabi the forth day.
No one was able to eat well especially Basma. Since that day she hated water.
Basma feel the hate for Nigeria. She couldn't even stand the name. Everything seem to make her crazy. And she is already depressed.
Upon entering their room the first thing she saw was their big framed photo.
She looked at fateemah and started crying her heart out.
"Basma".  called umm fateemah,
"uhmm?" She answered.
"Did u know something?" She asked.
"Laa" she replied.
"Your sister is among the type of people that are promised jannah because she drowned and died".
A smile suddenly appeared on her face after a long time.
"hqan?" (Really?) "Yeah" she answered.
"urid 'an 'akun seydan dayman eindama tafakar fiha" (I want u to always smile when u think of her ) she hugged her mum and promise to.
For the first time in four days she smiled.
All she does is cry. She lost weight and even look sick.
Her mom went out to give her space while she entered the restroom to freshen up and perform ablution.
She prayed the slat she missed while on their way. And also prayed shafa'i and wtr.
She remained in her sujood and prayed for her sister.
for the first time she ate 5 spoons of rice her mom made, all of them are in the sitting room eating silently.
Their lives kept moving like that without fateemah.
Basma took the responsibility of fateemah. Whenever she remembers her she smile wishing they will meet in jannah. She never came to the thought of loosing her sister but it's only Allah the most merciful can keep a soul alive or dead. With days passing they forget her and moved on with their lives like a happy family.

A year later

"So, basma Wich university do you wish to study". Abhii asked basma while they are sitting  in their parlour. 
"University of Madina" she answered respectfully.
"Why not khalifa university here in Al-mushrif?" he asked again.
She just smiled.
"Okay then university of Madina it is" he said with a glorious smile.
"Shukran abhii"( thank you  abhii) she exclaimed giving him a bone crushing hug.
The following week, they head to Madina. Her father helped her with everything and they were done in no time.
She started her software engineering class. As she starts getting familiar with the place.
"Salam alaikum" she heard a calm voice behind her.
She turned slowly and answered his Salam looking at him.
"I am a 300 level surgery student" he said calmly with a smile.
"Hi" she replied more like a question because she doesn't even know what to say to him.
"Uhmm... can we talk for a Minute?" he asked, scratching the back of his head.
"Okay" she replied.
"My name is Muhammad Ali Danbatta" he said, "from Nigeria"he added.
"I'm Basma Uthman from Abhi Dhabi" she replied.
"Well miss basma I won't lie to you I've been Spotting you in the school and I love you". He uttered slowly like he's afraid of being rejected by her.
Basma being the open minded lady she is she just said okay. Because she doesn't even know what to say.
"So.. can I have your number?" he asked,  passing her his phone.
She collected and input her digits and pass it to him.
"Wada'an (goodbye)"  he said as he was leaving
She just smiled and also Walked away.

With each day passing there friendship was growing stronger and it's been two years . Yes she hate Nigeria but she doesn't hate the people in it and Muhammad seems to be a kind hearted man. And he is handsome also.
    Basma still miss her sister a times she will just write a later that she knows will never reach her but she feels better afterwards.
She is just a first year student. And from what he told her he is from a state called Kano in the northern part of Nigeria.
    Without basma's knowledge she started loving him. They meet frequently at school.
Basma hated seeing him talking to his female classmates and especially laughing and joking with them. Them not being in the same department hurt her so much.
"Basma!", Shazia her friend called. "Yes Shazia". "You love Muhammad you just don't know".
"We are just friends why are you talking like this" she she replied.
"Then tell me, you are always thinking about something when you are doing nothing and I'm definitely sure it's him., You are always talking about him. And your mood always change when you see him talking to his female classmates.
If not love what this". She asked.
 " It's been two years since you guys have been together and your love grows deeper by each passing day basma". She added
Basma couldn't say anything she just stood there thinking about what Shazia said and she's right.
Sometimes she also thinks like that but the her heart doesn't want to accept it. 
    After some time she finally told him about her feelings and they started a new relationship.
And on their grad he told her that he will talk to his family about her and she promised to do the same.

How do u like the first chapter?
I hope it went great 👍
I was thinking of an at least 3 times a week but the likes and comments can make me change my mind about it.
Please like and comment.
I do need your support.
The real story is yet to begin.
Enjoy 💃

The.girl.in.thoughts🥀