Part 24

The next day Sakshi woke up when someone knocked on her door. Annoyed she went to the door and was greeted by a package outside her door.

She brought the package in and put it on her bed and went to freshen up.

After she freshened up she opened the package. Inside it, she found a packet with a note on top.

Note: Good Morning, and Happy Birthday. Wear this tonight, I hope you like it ♥️. From: you know who

Sakshi smiled reading the note and opened the package. Inside was a beautiful light blue dress with a watch.

She put the dress on the hanger and kept it safely in her closet for later.

She got ready in her jersey and jeans to go down to brunch and then to the stadium. But before she left she put on the watch gifted by Mahi.

The team ate their meal together and then headed to the stadium. Once they reached the stadium the boys started warming up and Sakshi and Nikhil started setting up their kits and taping the players that needed to be taped.

Soon Mahi went for the toss, he won it and decided to bowl first. The bowlers did well but they gave about 20 extra runs. Now India had to chase 260 in 50 overs. (COMPLETELY FICTIONAL GAME I HAVE NOT LOOKED UP ANY STATS OR ANYTHING)

Viru and Sach Pa went down to open and gave a good start but the opposition was able to get them out within the first 10 overs then came Rahul Bhai who made a few runs but he too got out. Just like that wickets kept falling until Sonu and Yuvi came onto the field, and they stabilized the innings. They had a 60 runs partnership with Sonu getting a 50 but soon he too got out. Now Mahi walked onto the field and India needed 100 runs in the last 6 overs, both Yuvi and Mahi were hitting the bowlers really well, Yuvi got to his 50 in the 45th over but he too lost his wicket soon. Irfan came in and played the supporting role as Mahi was the settled batsman and hit the bowlers well.

In the last ball of the 49th over Mahi got to his 50. In celebration, he raised his bat towards the dressing room in the direction where Sakshi was sitting.

In the dressing room Sakshi was over the moon as Mahi hit the 50, and when he raised his bat towards her in the dressing room Yuvi and Sonu who were standing by her nudged and smirked at her.

Now in the last over India needed 10 runs to win. The first two balls were dot balls and the third ball went for a 4, the fourth and fifth got singles. Now they needed 4 runs to win. Mahi was on strike, he smashed a 6, and INDIA WON!

The dressing room erupted in joy everyone was hugging each other, when Mahi and Irfan walked into the dressing room they were tackled in a hug by everyone.

The seniors had pride in their eyes watching their kiddos win the game for India, the Juniors were happy and proud of their brothers.

After the environment calmed down a bit they all had dinner and headed back to the hotel.

On the bus, Mahi wanted to sit by Sakshi but Sonu and Yuvi beat him to it. Mahi stood there and gave them a look but they just gave him a bored look.

Sonu: What, go sit somewhere else. We want to spend some time with our sister, anyways you both are going out later.

Right when Sonu said that, Rahul Bhai and Dada walked past them.

Rahul Bhai: Kaun kaha jaa raha hai?

Yuvi: Bhai vo hotel poch ke mai aur Sonu icecream ke liye ja rahe hai, aaj jeete hai na.

Sonu: haan aur were convincing Mahi and Sakshi to come with us, but they are saying that they are tired and will rest in their rooms

Dada: Toh they are right we just had a game I better not find you both outside it's already 10:30, and I know the series is over but we are traveling back to India tomorrow. 

Sonu:  Okay Bhai, I will make sure this idiot doesn't go out.

Yuvi: Aye Sonu idiot kisko bola?

Mahi: Arey itna bhi nahi pata? Idiot ko idiot bola. 

Yuvi: DADAAAAA LOOK AT MAHIIIII

Dada: Mahi Yuvi shut up both of you, we just won a game and the series so celebrate instead of engaging in your stupid fights.

Sakshi: Thank you Dada in dono ko ruka diya warna mere kaan ke parde faat jate. 

Rahul Bhai: Aww mera baacha, don't worry if they start again just tell us we will set them right.

Rahul Bhai and Dada go to the back, while Mahi is summoned by his kids and he goes and sits by them. 

The bus reached the hotel and Kapil Paji ordered everyone to their rooms as it was late. 

---

That's all for today!

An early update! I wasn't planning on updating but I am so happy after yesterday's game that I decided to get online and write, despite having a test in an hour. 

Please comment and vote and let me know how this update was. 

As always a big thank you to all my readers and everyone who commented. Your comments always make my day and forced me to open Wattpad and write.

Until Next Time 👋🏼