Chapter 13: Preparing her favorite

Start from the beginning

" So ...so...." I tried to say, he looked at me

" So?" He said trying to mimick me.

"Ivanovo!" I faked a frown

"Oops...sorry Boss" he smirked. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Uhm... How is she?" I looked everywhere but Ivan as if there was a huge stone blocking my passage of speech.

"She?" He repeated sardonically as if he didn't know who I was talking about.

"Ivanovo!" I sighed frustratedly as he chuckled.

"Well, the hospital just called your house line when you were at the bathroom and said she's awake already." He said as I almost choked on my pancake.

" Easy there" he said hiding his laugh, trying to act like he cared moreover he's enjoying seeing me like this. This guy is a great actor.

" Okay you have to make more Pancakes" I said in a millisecond and stood up to the cabinet bringing out the flour.

" Pancakes? There's seven on the serving plates already" he said giving me the' who will eat the rest?' expression

" What? Just do it. No question " I stated casually, I went to the refrigerator at the right side of the kitchen to get more Nutella because we were out of the one stocked inside the fridge.

" Make like six more..." I said which left Ivan confused for a moment but didn't last.

I brought out the Nutella and went to the other side of the kitchen where I think I kept the lunchbox my Mother made for me to take meals to the office.

I rejected this box several times but I never knew it will be of use today .

I felt Ivan's eyes on me again with a synchronizing smile on his face.

" What again?" I asked trying to place the box on the table.

" Interesting days ahead... I missed this side of You." He commented...

" What do you mean?" I asked indecorously

" Can't wait to see Ms. Bennett reaction" he said as he flipped over the pancakes on fire.

" What... It's not what you think amico..." I said defending myself

"and what do I think fratello?" He asked in a teasing tone

" Whatever... She need to feed... I don't want anything to taint my company's name since she's under us and I felt buying food will be waste of time and money" I said in a quick tone. He laughed abruptly which made me wonder what was funny in what I just said.

" Since when did a Multi-billonaire care about the money spent on little things like food?" He asked sardonically

"What... I mean..."

" I understand what you mean Fratello...no need to explain and lemme guess... Pancakes is her favorite right? That's why you're trying to impress her huh!" He said in mockery voice

" Impress who? I'm just doing my job as the Head of the ALCAN'S Group. Nothing more nothing less!" I said in an affirmative tone.

"Hmmm" he said nodding his head frantically.

"The last time I checked, you rejected this lunchbox from your Mom" he added sarcastically

"Wh... No ... I mean just pack everything in the box including the Nutella and yeah add Yogurt when you're going to deliver it to her" I said abruptly

"Okay Boss" he said in a teasing tone.

I strolled to the refrigerator and brought out chicken...

Ivan eyed me with a calculative smile on his face " we're adding chicken huh?" His devilry eyes continue to dance in excitement. How I love to clean of that smirk from his face.

"It Chicken Divan...not a big deal" I stated avoiding his gaze at my back as I made the divan myself.

I tapped on the cabinet impatiently for the meal to be done as Ivan's eyes wouldn't leave me for a moment.

"Okay can you stop with the intense stare... you're not my mistress" I walked past him to get a plate when I heard him chortled.

"You don't need one... There's already one waiting for you at the hospital" I stopped packing abruptly and glared at him.

"In your dreams" I clicked my tongue flatly

"Unfortunately... it's reality" he supplied with a smug smile on his face.

I decided to ignore his ridiculous remarks and focused on the packaging.

"I never knew you're this good at packing food box...a lot to learn from you boss." He commented cynically. I ignored his words try to focus on placing every food at the right place.

I'm doing this for the company's sake not for my own benefit. If it was for mine... I'll would have let her suffer alone without caring a bit after all It's nothing compared to what she had made me go through in life.

I made my way past him as I jogged up the stairs but stopped midway ... " Ivan never mention where the meal originated from huh?" I said without waiting for his reply.

Yeah this is short... don't worry lovers, longer chapters are coming soon. I needed to drop this before I focus on my upcoming tests 😍...

Please don't forget to follow, Vote and comment...and even share with friends.

Love you, Ria🍒