(Season 2 Start!) Chapter 18 - First Contact

Start from the beginning

Puck was currently hiding behind a few garbage cans after finally managing to lose the ever persistent reporters.

He tested his back against the wall of the alley and tried to catch his breath.

"F-Fucking hell.... Who would've thought they'd have a few awakeners among their ranks who invested in agility and stamina?! What kinda fucking super reporters did they build?!" He exclaimed.

It was absolutely absurd! Were they that desperate for a story?!

Puck was too busy cursing his bad stats to even notice when a car silently pulled up in front of the alleyway he was preoccupying.

He only realized it when the sound of a car door opening and closing could be heard.

And before he knew it, one Olivia Weepingbell was standing over him with a amused look on her face.

She was still dressed in the same outfit from the auction, just without her mask and a white feathered boa draped over her shoulders.

Puck quickly scrambled to his feet, only to be met with Olivia's gaze from her piercing green eyes.

He had to swallow the large lump in his throat before he could even try to speak.

Not only was she beautiful, but she had a completely different air about her compared to anyone he's ever met until now.

It was like he was starring at a princess or something!

Like with one wrong move and he'd be beheaded for disrespecting royalty!

The awkward silence lasted for a lot longer than he was expecting, so after taking a small breath to compose himself, Puck finally broke the silence.

"U-Um.... Did you need something, Mrs. Olivia?" He asked as politely as he could, a small bead of sweat forming on his forehead as his nervous racked his body.

A small delicate smile graced her lips as she brought a hand up to cup her cheek.

She gave Puck's body a quick look over before nodding as if she had just confirmed something.

"I....just wanted to say thank you for saving me."

Puck was taken aback by this.

Her voice was smooth, seductive even, and there wasn't an ounce of sarcasm at all!

She was being purely genuine and it was the complete opposite of what you'd expect from someone with enough money to buy and sell your entire family tree a million times over.

And because of this, Puck didn't know how to respond.

"O-Oh! U-Um.... S-Sure! Yeah.... It wasn't a problem really....!"

He fumbled over his words for a moment trying to find the proper words to respond.

Only for a small giggle to break his nervous ramblings.

Puck paused as he watched her snap her fingers, a man in a black suit and wearing sunglasses to hide his eyes from view suddenly appeared and handed Olivia a suitcase before disappearing as quickly as he came.

She slowly opened the case before presenting Puck with the contents, revealing over 1000+ A Ranked magic stones and what looked like a contract.

Magic stones are the remnants of a high ranking monster's mana and we're extremely valuable. Hell, even a D Ranked one could be considered as finding a small fortune!

So seeing such a huge amount of A Ranked ones....

Well, let's just say that if Puck was at a loss of words before....he sure had a hard time picking his jaw up off the ground now.