Basically, she is a Named Character.

And that named character is my Mother.

"What a waste. You have a good appearance too... here, come over." She ushered me closer to her and I can only obey her.

Look, I could just ignore her and go on my way, but that act wasn't unremarkable. In fact, being rebellious to my parents will just make me conspicuous. Which will put me on the pedestal.

And that wasn't how a female mob works!

I might be assuming things here, but because I don't have any knowledge about the girl's side of mob-ness, so I am just copying those female background characters that usually hangs around the female protagonist.

Which means I have to act like a proper girl, who only have a normal aspiration to life, and will live in the background as a decoration on the side of the road.

That's it! To truly become inconspicuous to the public, I must act like a normal girl!

To be a normal girl in the eyes of the crowd, I will have to be obedient to my parents.

As for my looks, yes, I look unremarkable. I'm not running away from reality.

Even if I inherited my mother's purple hair, and my father's yellow eyes, I'm totally as normal as it gets!

So please... stop putting me on the main screen, dammit!

"There there, now you look proper at least..." My mother is smiling, and I was also giving back a smile of my own, but I definitely want to run away from her.

This is turning into a slice of life genre, and I feel like I am becoming a sub character.

Nope. I'll have to look for more ways to become very unremarkable to their eyes. I hope they will stop trying to fix my appearance.
_______________________________________

You know what's cool for a hidden power in the background?

For me, it's them actually being a part of the background for the whole series. Like they were seen here and there, but the protagonist and even the antagonist doesn't know that they were an integral part to the plot.

I am trying to blend in the background of those main characters. Well, there are no main character candidates on our backwater territory, but that's besides the point.

I am failing actually. My mother with her former heroine aura is pulling me out of the background. Though they are not expecting much of me, so I think I am somewhat succeeding?

Anyway, let's set that aside for now.

In the middle of the night, I just saw a group of bandits on a ruined village. They are huddled together on the campfire and they seem to be talking about something funny.

This backwater territory, and the nearby territories surrounding here are actually a hive of scum and villainy. There are a lot of slavers, bandits, thieves, and nutcases who are squatting on these regions.

Normally, that's worrying. The public order is in chaos, and going outside the town walls are dangerous due to them. There is also the existence of monsters, so that added to the negatives.